General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Reliable Covid Tests

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Can anyone please recommend a clinic that conducts covid tests properly?

The last 3 tests I’ve had at the British Medical Lab have been a total joke.

As per guideline the fabric tip of the swab needs to be rubbed over both tonsils, at the BML it barely goes beyond my bottom lip! For the second part of the test, the swab barely enters my nostril let alone reaching a point where one would feel slight resistance.

Having kids who mix with other children, I’d like to ensure the results are reliable.

TIA

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Reliable Covid Tests

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Do it yourself? Are kits available at pharmacies now?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Sat 22 Jan 2022 6:00 pm
Do it yourself? Are kits available at pharmacies now?
Yes they are for 40TL a time but only for your own peace of mind. Most chemists sell them. AFC perhaps check the chemists in your area to see which ones perform Antigen tests or if it's a PCR test you are after I've had a few at Erduran Lab near Bellapais traffic lights.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Guys thanks for the replies so far, this is more to go uni as official certificates are required weekly...however I'd like them done from a lab that conducts the tests properly.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

AFC wrote:
Sat 22 Jan 2022 6:50 pm
Guys thanks for the replies so far, this is more to go uni as official certificates are required weekly...however I'd like them done from a lab that conducts the tests properly.
You might get yours done properly but what about all the rest wandering around!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

13roman58 wrote:
Sun 23 Jan 2022 7:09 am
AFC wrote:
Sat 22 Jan 2022 6:50 pm
You might get yours done properly but what about all the rest wandering around!
Its more for my own perspective, so if anyone is positive we can act appropriately.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Its more for my own perspective, so if anyone is positive we can act appropriately.
From my own experience, I would suggest if you have any symptoms, such as scratchy throat, runny nose, headaches, etc assume that you are infectious and isolate even if it's not showing up on the tests. We had symptoms several days before a positive result despite daily lateral flow tests coming up negative. I guess this is why it spreads so easily.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

[/quote]
I applaud your honesty.
Get a antigen self test and do it properly as instructed, this will give you some piece of mind.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

We have had several tests all fairly surprisingly comfortable…Both nose and throat adhering to TRNC regulations ..
We’ve also had several tests in Dubai whereby requirement is just one nostril no throat swab…again quite surprisingly comfortable …
We’ve also carried out tests ourselves both antigen and PCR tests which I would consider Were conducted more invasive than the ones taken professionally… pleased to say all negative …

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I've found both Dubai and NCYP to be very non intrusive tbh. It just makes you wonder what the actual figures would be if tests were conducted properly.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”