General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Change of car ownership.

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Been a while since I done this. Does all the names on car log book have to be at the tax office to change ownership.

For example. Car is in both husband and wife's name. Cheers. B.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Change of car ownership.

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I believe so or poa but maybe if one has ones wife or husband'soriginal passport it's allowed. I have only changed from single name to joint names. Due to total confusion at the tax office ensure you stand your ground when tickets are handed out. We were 3rd in the q and advised to go in the office and then told to go outside to find the 10 tickets they issue had gone. Lucky they did give us a ticket but we had to watch for 2 hours all the people who came after us get theirs done. Stamps required 55tl for poa if you go this route and 33tl for paperwork plus 290tl

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Yes I thought it would be messy. Oh well another day at the tax office it would seem eh. Thanks. B.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Hi faro, when we sold our car which was in joint names my partner was in the UK. We were told by a solicitor and a notary that my partner would have to go to the TRNC offices in London where a legal document would be prepared and notorised. She would then have to post that to me in the TRNC.
We waited until she could travel and went with the Cypriot buyer to the tax office in Guzelyurt where we were dealt with promptly and efficiently.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Medjour1, over the last couple of years I have heard some very good reports about the Tax Office in Guzelyurt. Anything is better than the Girne office where we waited nearly four hours in October of 2021. We got there at 8.15 in order to hand over our car to others. When we go to the booth, it was all over in less than 10 mins, that included a comment from the nice lady that locals wouldn't have waited as long as we had!!

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by faro »

So managed to change car ownership. We went to Iskele. Much easier and not too busy either and the guy on the counter was very helpful. B.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Can you go to Guzelyurt or Iskele tax office if buyer and seller live in Girne ?

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

kedikat2903 of course. I live in Lapta but went to Guzelyurt.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

The last two I have sold, I just found it much simpler to go to a Notary with the customer, pay 100 tl give them power of attorney and they sort it their selves.

Saved me spending a further 7 hours at the Tax Offices .

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”