General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Rachel0046
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

90 day rule

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Rachel0046 »

Are we allowed to have 2 weeks in March 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in July total 42 days
Is this correct
Or am I getting it wrong
Does the clock stop ticking on 90 days when you leave ?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: 90 day rule

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Rachel0046 wrote:
Tue 08 Mar 2022 6:52 pm
Are we allowed to have 2 weeks in March 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in July total 42 days
Is this correct
Yes. Correct. Clock stops ticking when you leave the island.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

And with regards to your particular circumstances above Rachel, when you enter Cyprus in June a new 90/180 day visa would start and again when you turn up in July. That doesn't mean when subsequent visas start the previous ones end though so the best way to make sure you don't overstay, which you won't anyway with those dates, is to enter all your dates into the Schengen Visa Calculator here https://www.visa-calculator.com/

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Does it not depend if you are using Larnaca or Ercan?

Visa calculator for ROC shows if you enter 1/3/22 for 14 days you have until 29/5/23 to use the remaining 76 days.

You can re enter 13/6/22 use 90 days until 10/09/22

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

Does this apply to the north as well as the south?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Both countries have 90 in 180 day rule as does Turkey and the eu excluding Eire
If you enter the south from the north your days count from entry until you leave the south via the south
In other words don't cross to the south if you come to the island via ercan and are due to leave via ercan

https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/visa-requirements

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

wanderer wrote:
Thu 10 Mar 2022 10:35 am
Both countries have 90 in 180 day rule as does Turkey and the eu excluding Eire
If you enter the south from the north your days count from entry until you leave the south via the south
In other words don't cross to the south if you come to the island via ercan and are due to leave via ercan

https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/visa-requirements
But surely if you live in the north you can go over to the South for shopping and back again.

summercyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by summercyprus »

hi when did the 90 day rule start from ..........as last time i went over was 3rd december ,,,,

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Power cuts again

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

"Why do you describe swallows as unwanted ? Unwanted by whom ?"

Erol, thank you for your comment. As 'swallows' of many years, and villa owners, since the 90/180 rule has come in we no longer feel wanted by the NC government.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

90/180 is imposed by the greek side.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

..AND the TRNC - From Ministry of Foreign Affairs TRNC

GENERAL INFORMATION

Foreigners visiting the TRNC may be granted a visa up to 90 days, depending on its type, at the designated ports and border crossings, provided that they fulfil the conditions stipulated in the Aliens and Immigration Law and they are not deemed unfit to enter the country.

The length of stay granted at the designated ports and border crossings of the TRNC cannot exceed 90 days within a period of 180 days. All foreigners who wish to stay in the TRNC for more than 90 days, are required to obtain a residence permit.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Confused now! Has it not always been the case that if you wished to stay in the TRNC for longer than 90 days then you had to apply for a residence permit anyway?

Admittedly some folks just ignored that law completely and others went out of the country for one day and then came back for another 90 days - that was in the days when people just used to hop South for a day as well - but the law was already there and now they have just made it easier to understand by adding the "in 180 days" codicil onto it.

Can't see the problem myself, if you want to stay longer then get a residence permit and you can forget the "180" days bit.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I think the problem these days, is that residency is taking months to come through, and is put on hold if you leave the country. Not very convenient for many going to and fro.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I have been on 50 percent for almost 9 weeks, I have made an appointment with immigration to try and progress my application, not holding my breath.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

alphamike wrote:
Sun 17 Apr 2022 6:46 pm
I think the problem these days, is that residency is taking months to come through, and is put on hold if you leave the country. Not very convenient for many going to and fro.
That is indeed a problem.

We are swallows but so as not to be restricted by the 90/180 day ruling we have applied for temporary residency. To be able to come out when we wish, stay as long as we wish without counting days is better for us.

I fully expect that when we wish to return to the U.K. that we shall have to make an appointment to sort out our application.

The on line system does work better but until the backlog of applications is processed it will never be efficient. Of course having to go thro the same process, producing exactly the same paperwork every year/2 years does not help.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”