General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kp269
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

ADA pass/Guvende Kal

•   Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kp269 »

Hi, flying in tomorrow, do we need the ADA pass and the Guvende Kal, or has the Guvende Kal replaced the ADA pass?
TIA

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ADA pass/Guvende Kal

•   Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

You need the Guvende Kal but if you have an Ada pass you will need to download the QR code from it. Ada pass has not been replaced.

kp269
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kp269 »

So we need both then?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yes. The Guv app is to give your flight and contact details to track you. Your ADA pass is required to prove you are vaccinated. The serve different purposes but you need both.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Do you have a link for the ADA pass, please?

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Kanonier wrote:
Sat 02 Apr 2022 10:00 pm
Do you have a link for the ADA pass, please?
Found it, thanks.🙏

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

My understanding of the ADA pass is that it is only a requirement if you are a citizen/resident?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Indeed so if people are visiting from other Countries they need the equivalent proof of vaccine to be able to complete the Guvende app. So if from the UK that would be the NHS vaccine proof.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sun 03 Apr 2022 11:31 am
Indeed so if people are visiting from other Countries they need the equivalent proof of vaccine to be able to complete the Guvende app. So if from the UK that would be the NHS vaccine proof.
We had a printed Guvende Kal and printed NHS vaccine proof with QR code no Ada pass.

marjie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Post by marjie »

Help needed. Desperately trying to fill guvende kal in prior to flying into ercan tomorrow. Which qr code do we need to upload. There are 3 on our NHS vaccine info

Dropshort
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Dropshort »

The latest dated I.e. your “booster”.

marjie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Post by marjie »

Phew. Thanks for the quick response. Things are getting a bit tense here

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

i read somewhere that you cant fill in guvende application until at least 3 days before flight..is that correct?

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Yes, it must be completed within the 72 hours prior to arrival time, not departure time.

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

Thanks Kanonier for your quick response..one more question.i am filling in adapass and i need to enter a telephone number. i have tried my uk mobile but not accepted and dont have turkish mobile..can i enter ercan with just guvental info?

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

My understanding of the ADA pass is that it is a requirement for Citizens/Residents only. I had the same problem so will only be completing the Guvende Kal pass. Hope this helps?

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

thanks Kanonier

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

👍👍🤞

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

john250 wrote:
Mon 04 Apr 2022 9:27 am
Thanks Kanonier for your quick response..one more question.i am filling in adapass and i need to enter a telephone number. i have tried my uk mobile but not accepted and dont have turkish mobile..can i enter ercan with just guvental info?
Make sure when you enter your phone number you start it immediately after the _44 code and NOT where the brackets start. There is a space between the code and the brackets so make sure you enter the first number before the brackets start.
Screenshot_20220404-193102.png

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

So, just to clarify, if we have temporary residency and are coming over for 7 months do we need to do both Guvende Kal and AdaPass? ( We have vaccination certificate from UK NHS and we also have all our vaccines listed on AdaPass)

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

SunnyParkers wrote:
Mon 04 Apr 2022 6:23 pm
So, just to clarify, if we have temporary residency and are coming over for 7 months do we need to do both Guvende Kal and AdaPass? ( We have vaccination certificate from UK NHS and we also have all our vaccines listed on AdaPass)
I would think so, the stumbling block seems to be access to a TRNC registered phone.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Ada pass is the TRNC vaccination certificate, if you were jabbed in a different country you can use that countries certificate.

geroff
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Post by geroff »

Do you have to print off the Guvende Kal pass? I’m still unsure if it has to be done on your mobile phone or iPad … All very confusing , as some say you can do several days before you fly and others are saying it has to be 72 hours before you fly… What happens if you cant complete this form ? Can it be done at the border crossing?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

I believe its 72 hrs before you fly ,its not a regulation that its printed off you can show it on your device but if you have the facility to print it , it saves time.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

My understanding is that it is within 72 hours. For example, if I was travelling on Friday, I would complete registration on Wednesday or Thursday. I also would only have it on my phone if I was arriving via the south.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Post by gates »

My family and another went through all the rigmarole cast £100 and never asked for anything in Turkey or here. Complete waste of money and time. It seems the only people asking for this is the flight company’s in uk. Even the chemist said you don’t need anything anymore. Shame the uk don’t get gend up and save people money

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

The filling of the app can be done no earlier than 72 hours. There is no cost whatsoever for that. This thread is about filling in the application to show your vaccination status not about pcr testing.

Relying on third hand information that more often than not is a guess is not a lot of use when you are asked for the forms required to fly here.

For anyone else in any doubt this is where you can find what the Government of this Country insist on.

https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES

Here in plain English.

https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/trnc-ca ... quirements

gates

•   Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Post by gates »

All i was doing was trying to save people money and time. Can’t see how that is ever off track. I know about the test its not a guess just good information

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sun 17 Apr 2022 6:29 am
The filling of the app can be done no earlier than 72 hours. There is no cost whatsoever for that. This thread is about filling in the application to show your vaccination status not about pcr testing.

Relying on third hand information that more often than not is a guess is not a lot of use when you are asked for the forms required to fly here.

For anyone else in any doubt this is where you can find what the Government of this Country insist on.

https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES

Here in plain English.

https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/trnc-ca ... quirements
Thats not quite true, we completed our pass before we went to the UK because we have no printer there, in addition we completed the form for a friend who was returning to the TRNC at least 9 days before she left the UK.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Mollie the Cat you may well have done and I am not doubting you for a minute. All I can say is that is the official potion and when I downloaded it for us it had an expiry date within 3 days so had we been checked and that seen we could well have been refused permission to fly.

People can follow which advice they like but the chance of not being allowed to fly on a date that you are supposed to and losing the money for the flight because you are stopped from flying does not seem like the best option.

I filled the form in on the mobile app so have no knowledge of what the on line version is like. It cannot be disputed what the Government site says whether you managed to fill in before you left for the UK or not. I would imagine you were allowed to fly because whoever was checking at the other end for your return journey either didn't realise it was out of date or didn't care. I think you were lucky and pleased for you but when people are on here asking for advice I think it better to give the official answer rather than what happened to you or anyone else for the reasons I stated above.

I see no point in me replying any more on this subject and will leave it up to people to make their own mind which advice to follow.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Just to add, airlines are responsible for ensuring that travellers' documents (passports, visas, covid documents, etc) are in order at check-in before they fly otherwise they have to return the passengers to their departure point if found to be invalid on arrival. This is why, generally, documentation is not checked at the arrival point because they rely on the airlines doing it properly for fear of additional expense. In fact, border control officers in UK were told by their unions not to check covid documents so as not to impact on throughput times at passport control.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Sorted now… please ignore :-)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”