General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tariqyx
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

One way ticket

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tariqyx »

Hi everyone. I am travelling to NC in early July on a British passport. Can I travel on a one way ticket. I do plan to go to the UK but not sure exactly when. Any help would be appreciated.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: One way ticket

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

If your stay is going to exceed 90 days, you will need ti apply for residency, and you should start this process as soon as practicable. The first application takes a bit of time.,

tariqyx
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tariqyx »

Thanks. I will apply for residency in the future. However, this time I'm coming to NC for around three weeks and then going to the UK. I havent booked onward tickets to the UK yet. So I want to know whether I can travel into NC on a one way ticket and then book my onward ticket a few weeks later.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

We always book a one way ticket as we are not sure when exactly we would want to return to the U.K.

We arrived on island 23 March and have just booked flight back. Never had any problems.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

tariqyx
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tariqyx »

Thanks. Can I ask if you have residency?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Arrived and given 90 days on arrival. Have just applied for residency as it is our intention to stay over 90 days and we can then of course come over when we want and stay without restrictions.

However; given length of time it’s taking to process applications we are probably going to have to make an appointment at immigration before we are due to travel back to U.K.

If it helps, last year we came out on a single ticket, given 90 days on arrival and a month after arriving booked flight back. Stayed total of 88 days. No residency applied for.

If you are only staying a few weeks you should be ok.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

on Arrival to the TRNC they may give you a 30 day or a 60 day visa and its not always 90 days.
we received 60 days upon entry

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

On arrival we were asked how long we were staying we said 1 month and was given 30 days a lady who said she was staying 90 days was told she could only have 60 she was arguing so don’t know the outcome.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Agree it’s a bit hit and miss as to how long you may be given. The original poster is only staying 4 weeks so should have no problems.

At immigration the Polis man said do you have residency? We said no but doing it this time. OK no problem and have us 90 days. We started the process a few days after arrival and we are now in the system.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”