General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

oldham
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

House Pump

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by oldham »

Hi, where would be the best place to buy a new Water Pump for the house and a rough idea on costs please?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: House Pump

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

All yapi markets sell them. A lot of cheaper Chinese ones on the market. The European (mainly Italian) will be more expensive. I would avoid ones with plastic impellers!

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 27 Apr 2022 9:43 am
All yapi markets sell them. A lot of cheaper Chinese ones on the market. The European (mainly Italian) will be more expensive. I would avoid ones with plastic impellers!
The ones that they claim are made in Italy as per the box , i am pretty sure are also made in China. Packaging just says Italy.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

You get what you pay for same as any other thing difference is the guarantee. Chinese has no guarantee and last different times. If you are replacing its worth in some case choosing the best

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

If your in the west of Girne, Prestecnik in Alsancak are very good, will fit for you at a reasonable price. Agree avoid the Chinese pumps, Italian are the best available apparently.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I have had the Italian one and the cheapest and the one that lasted the longest was the cheapest

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Press Tecknic could probably refurbish your pump as long as it hasn't totally destroyed itself.
The parts that normally go are the bearing (rumbling noise) or the brushes, both cheap and easy to fix
A local plumber had our pump refurbished last year, cost about £30 Iirc,

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

A friend recently had one done Italian make 800tl.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

MVP, motors/ pumps don't have brushes, these are induction motors. The thing that fails more often than not is the capacitor that is a plug in device located in the terminal box of the motor. This is very easily replaced at low cost and is available all Yapi markets. The electrical windings of the motor that surround the solid rotating part of the motor very rarely fail. IF the bearings of the motor fail the pump although noisy will run for a long time. The pump/ motor has what is called a mechanical seal located between the pump and motor, this keeps the water in the pump part and not the motor, although there are exceptions to this. Even a tired old pump can be made to look and run like new with a new capacitor, new bearings, a new mechanical seal, and a spray of paint all at a very low cost.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Now I see why they are so keen to take the pump away

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”