General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

CCTV advise

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We have had CCTV installed which is working well. The problem is we have just changed internet providers and the system does nor recognise the new internet system, does anyone know how to re configure the system please?

The system can be viewed on our phones, I have looked at settings on the app and on my phone but cannot see where I can change it to the new internet.

Any advise would be appreciated.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: CCTV advise

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

You said "had CCTV installed" which IIRC wasn't that long ago. Was this by a third party, if so are they able to reconfigure it under a warranty / support package or even just as a chargeable call out? Do you have instructions and could do a system reset? Perhaps try You Tube. Failing all that, a make and model number would be helpful. I'll not necessarily be able to solve the problem, but with that info I've no doubt someone can.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks for you response. Yes, it wasn't that long ago, maybe a year if that? We went to the guy who installed it, he promised to call and reset it, guess what he never turned up. Tried again, left a message asking him to call or ring me, still nothing. On the fourth day now, If I do call again I may lose my rag, so annoying when they let you down like that.

I will try you tube see what comes up, thanks again.

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Do you have to scan a QR code on the camera to make the link? I had to do that with mine.
M

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Maybe you had a static IP address allocated by your previous ISP for your CCTV system. You may need another static IP address from your new ISP. This is chargeable over and above your monthly payment. If this is the case, your CCTV system will need configuring to include the static IP address. You may have to pester your original CCTV installer to do the necessary - they know your system set up and they will be able to advise whether static IP address is necessary or not, and if it is a requirement, this needs purchasing (and the IP address taken note of) before any local reconfiguration can go ahead.

Purchasing a static IP address is simple enough through your ISP retailer. Ideally done at the time the installer comes to you so you can check everything works as it should once the static IP address is configured and before the installer leaves your property.
libens volens potens

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

You may also need to set up Port Forwarding on your router. Again your installer should be able to advise if this is necessary.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”