Help on rules re security cameras on private property.

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help on rules re security cameras on private property.

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

I hope to get a clear picture (no pun intended) on this.

Our neighbour (slightly nutty!) has installed a rotating dome style CCTV camera on the 1st floor corner of his house. Hadn't paid much attention to it until I was sitting on my front balcony and noticed it was being pointed at our house; it then appeared he was focussing on all his neighbours properties, some of which look into bedrooms. This continued for some time, until when he scanned round to our balcony again, I began waving at it! Surprise surprise, it then stopped (:Q).

SO does anybody know the rules on these? I understood they have to be installed with police registration, must not look into other's house, and should cover the property and not the public areas?

Interestingly, there is a story in KIBRIS (https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/k ... 27532.html) about two neighbours in Famagusta having an argument over this CCTV issue - result he bit part of his ear off. I assure you no plans to do the same!

Thanks

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Help on rules re security cameras on private property.

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

laptawrinkly wrote:
Fri 29 Apr 2022 8:41 am
I understood they have to be installed with police registration, must not look into other's house, and should cover the property and not the public areas?
I think you may have answered your own question already. I'm sure i have read the same elsewhere on here.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Help on rules re security cameras on private property.

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

To have installed CCTV with camera(s) able to be directed at the public highway or neighbouring land/property it is necessary to have completed the form entitled:

BİLİŞİM SİSTEMLERİ KURULUM BAŞVURU FORMU

… and registered said form at the local police station.

I have a pdf template of the form.

Failure to have registered the CCTV system may be an offence.

If you feel there is untoward CCTV intrusion l suggest you speak with the police.
libens volens potens

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”