General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkey Covid Rules for Entry

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Travelling to Turkey later this week from Ercan,is anyone aware of entry requirements at Istanbul? Do we need a PCR etc...?

TIA

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkey Covid Rules for Entry

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Have you checked on your flight company web site?

https://www.flypgs.com/en/what-measures ... the-flight

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Ive looked at the site, that's more for boarding the plane.

My question was really for enterence into Turkey...As an example I was in Dubai last month and before boaring you require travel insurance and a negative PCR before they will let you board the plane.

This is however not evident on most websites. So in a similar vain are there any specific entry requirement to Turkey?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Flew to Gaziantep last week. Only thing required was Adapass showing proof of vaccinations. Had completed a Turkish entry form but we weren’t asked for it.
Same required on returning to the TRNC - Guvende Kal not required any more.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Good Morning,

Thanks for coming back to me. Just one quick question, on the HES (health Form) under the Current residence section I couldnt find North Cyprus or KKTC etc...how did you complete that form?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

PM sent - but to reiterate perhaps I wasn’t clear. We filled in the arrival form for Turkey because we weren’t sure if it was required but it wasn’t asked for - either in Ercan when we left or Gaziantep when we arrived.

ETA. See https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/a ... index.html for travel rules

Further: try Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus if you too want to fill in a form to be sure to be sure!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I think that one of the big problems is that many travellers are not being asked for their forms either end of the journey and then post that on social media which leads some to think there is no need. Thing is if the official advice is that you need a form then do it because some staff do check properly and the prospect of being refused to travel is real.

When we travel we print of hard copies of anything that is required whatever is posted on social media. Hard copies because documents on your phone can be corrupted. lost or just not accepted.

Arrive at the airport either end and be told you are either not allowed to travel or not allowed to enter the Country doesn't bear thinking about. As far as I know from checking myself the HES is still required on entry to Turkey. It costs nothing to do so why take the risk of not of doing it?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Christwright03

Did you actually check the link I posted to see what the entry requirements to Turkey from Northern Cyprus are, travelling on a GBR passport?

As far as I can see the only requirement outbound is valid proof of vaccination. And that’s all that was checked when we flew.

Unless you have other information?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I flew into Turkey a few days ago and back into TRNC yesterday, both places only required Proof of vaccinations and Passport.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

When you say "proof of vax" did you produce the cardboard details or the plastic card. Don't want to get caught out!!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:11 am
When you say "proof of vax" did you produce the cardboard details or the plastic card. Don't want to get caught out!!
I produced the reduced size AdaPass. But had original green card at hand, just in case. It was not asked for.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanx.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

BB - like Soner - reduced size laminated Adapass. But everything else was in the carry on bag to be sure to be sure.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 8:51 am
Christwright03

Did you actually check the link I posted to see what the entry requirements to Turkey from Northern Cyprus are, travelling on a GBR passport?

As far as I can see the only requirement outbound is valid proof of vaccination. And that’s all that was checked when we flew.

Unless you have other information?
Yes. I have also looked on many other web pages which I won't bother to link in here because not many of them agree with each other which means there is still out there a doubt. Some sites say you still need it and some say you don't. So my view (other views are available) if there is a doubt there is no doubt. My information is as confused as it could possibly be.

My point remains that rather than take a chance of being refused entry or flight it is easy enough to fill in the HES form and take it. How many stories have there been about people being refused entry for flight in recent months?

I would like to think that commons sense should apply and that we could all find out exactly what is and isn't required. Sadly that isn't the case. Whilst the link you posted certainly gives what amounts to clear and simple information that the HES is not required others say different.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

It's a minefield out there! On checking websites on HES for turkey, seems like you do need to complete the form. I guess I was lucky as it was not asked for, but for those travelling to Turkey it is probably best to complete the form: https://register.health.gov.tr

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

Chris & Soner:

Thanks for your useful comments, as you both conclude it costs nothing aside from a few minutes of keyboard work.

Just letting you know I appreciated your useful comments in this thread, many thanks.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”