General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kibtec latest bills

•   Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

Just received latest bill,can someone please explain why Street lighting has gone upto 29.95TL a month and what the hell is Fuel expenses 87TL.
Leither

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kibtec latest bills

•   Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

See discussion on this thread viewtopic.php?p=288044#p288044

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Electric has gone up so thats why street lighting has.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Does the increase in the street lighting item, mean that we will be getting some street lights where we live???? or am i being stupid again?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Good one Geoff. I keep seeing flying pigs this morning. :lol:

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Noticed all my customers who pay via the banks their march bills are still outstanding sent April 5th Cut off 5th May. Bayram?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I pay mine at a bank and the last payment went through ok.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

The banks normally pay on the last date due as notified by Kibtek. My March payment is due by 5th May but the April payment is due by 31st May.

Belkin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Belkin »

On our latest bill Fuel Expenses is 121.80 TL - why is everybody being charged different prices? We have been here for 15 years and it is the most expensive bill we have ever had.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I can't make sense of my bill.
I have solar and was away entire month of April. Produce much more than used, so usage bill was 0.00tl, but with lighting and Fuel Costs have been billed 178tl. A big difference from my usual 45tl monthly bill. Am sure more info will come forth soon. (:Z)
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Belkin wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:20 am
On our latest bill Fuel Expenses is 121.80 TL - why is everybody being charged different prices? We have been here for 15 years and it is the most expensive bill we have ever had.
The fuel expense is the amount of units used x 0.60 TL, which is why everyone is being charged a different fuel expense.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Soner wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:39 am
I have solar and was away entire month of April. Produce much more than used, so usage bill was 0.00tl, but with lighting and Fuel Costs have been billed 178tl. A big difference from my usual 45tl monthly bill. Am sure more info will come forth soon. (:Z)
Goodness only knows how they are getting to that figure due to you being solar powered. Does it make any sense if you multiply actual units used x .6 TL + adding street lighting etc. to see if it comes to 178TL? If that is the case, they are certainly taking the P.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

alphamike wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:12 am
Soner wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 10:39 am
Goodness only knows how they are getting to that figure due to you being solar powered. Does it make any sense if you multiply actual units used x .6 TL + adding street lighting etc. to see if it comes to 178TL? If that is the case, they are certainly taking the P.
OK, I drew down 148kw of what I had produced. 148 x 0.6 = 88.80 + others charges come to 178tl Doesn't make sense as energy used was what I had produced from Solar Panels, so no fuel required.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Soner wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:45 am

OK, I drew down 148kw of what I had produced. 148 x 0.6 = 88.80 + others charges come to 178tl Doesn't make sense as energy used was what I had produced from Solar Panels, so no fuel required.
So they are charging you fuel expenses for using solar! Only Kibtek could say that makes any sense.
I would just hang on, as there is talk of taking Kibtek to court, but believe finance minister is going to be looking into it after bayram.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

alphamike wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:51 am
Soner wrote:

So they are charging you fuel expenses for using solar! Only Kibtek could say that makes any sense.
I would just hang on, as there is talk of taking Kibtek to court, but believe finance minister is going to be looking into it after bayram.
Thanks. Normally pay bill immediately but will hold on to this one just out of principle.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Soner wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:53 am
alphamike wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:51 am
Soner wrote:

Thanks. Normally pay bill immediately but will hold on to this one just out of principle.
Sent an email to Kibtek to correct and resend bill. (:Q)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Soner wrote:
Tue 03 May 2022 11:53 am

and

Sent an email to Kibtek to correct and resend bill. (:Q)
Me too, I have paid, but I am not using solar.

Kibtek will be getting inundated from solar users, you are not alone. Have heard other solar users have been charged too, so suspect that means everyone.

I do imagine that there will be a change in this latest fiasco, as in numerous other things that have happened lately, which quickly get reversed. What gets me is that never gave any warning and just sprung it on us. Am sure they must put suggestions into a hat, pull out one and that's the new policy, no matter how ludicrous it is.
Of course that is assuming that we have a government, am not sure whether we have one or not at the moment. :roll:

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

Post by gates »

My bill 450 tl 3 bed house 2 of us how bads that. Mind you do use pump as off the mains. How long would it take to recoup solar money. Don’t see were problems is £20 crazy

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Gates your bill is not bad at all.
The problem is with latest bill this sneaky add on fuel expense which was never announced, and just landed on all of us. As you can see from Soner, solar users are also being charged for this. That in addition to the new tiered system. If they are going to add this new fuel expense, why don't they get rid of this tiered system, which is really unfair?
I've got the lowest bill ever this month, but this is due to the large rebate from March bill, plus an empty pool whilst work being done, so no pool pump running and no AC being used.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

As we are paying more for street lighting is it possible to find out which one I'm paying for then I can switch it on. I'm hoping it's one of those on the bypass roundabout as they've never worked and are a danger to drivers . (8)) (8))

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

a solar on grid system will produce power daytime only.
the solar supplies your needs and if you have excess solar power available, you feed the grid.
if sun is not sufficient to supply your needs, you draw additional power from the grid. eg, during night.
for these kWh drawn from grid all must pay the extra fee.

basically it means: you pay , eg, 2,70 + 0,60 for every kWh drawn from grid and you get 2,70 for every kWh fed to grid.

if you look at economics, you will see that the payback time of the solar system is not damaged a lot.

back in approx 2014, the net metering was supported by Kibtek. the alternative was that big companies will take over and "the public" has nothing out of it.
what kibtek did not expect was the huge numbers of people who (complaint about high electricity prices, but all over the sudden) have sufficient funds to pay for a solar energy on-grid system.
so, since a couple of years Kibtek wants a change in how to handle the costs to supply a energy network, incl power station, lines, trafos, and so on
(this does not apply for this "solar case) alone), and how NC can find a way into a sustainable future for the energy supply. .
because, here: no power- no solar ongrid system.
with "45 lira" (as an example) for each household, you can not keep the system going and you must be aware that "others" pay for you.
possible regular power cuts in the future are payback wise a much bigger problem as this extra fee.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

terry2366 wrote:
Wed 04 May 2022 8:58 am
As we are paying more for street lighting is it possible to find out which one I'm paying for then I can switch it on. I'm hoping it's one of those on the bypass roundabout as they've never worked and are a danger to drivers . (8)) (8))
Haha brilliant! We should all be advised as to which light we are paying for! Bet we are all charged for the same one.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

My solar system produced 898kw for the month of April, and I drew back 148kw. Can't see why I have to pay for fuel charges.

I have heard that the government will be in talks with Kibtek about this, as a large group of people had got to gather and complained. Apparently we should get an answer to issue by 15th May, if not resolved, then the group will take Kibtek to court.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Soner wrote:
Wed 04 May 2022 1:15 pm
My solar system produced 898kw for the month of April, and I drew back 148kw. Can't see why I have to pay for fuel charges.

I have heard that the government will be in talks with Kibtek about this, as a large group of people had got to gather and complained. Apparently we should get an answer to issue by 15th May, if not resolved, then the group will take Kibtek to court.
kibteks answer will be : because we had to use fuel to produce the 148 kWh.
which is a fact.
accounting is a different thing.
with that new fee, kibteks "takes" your environment friendly solar power and this power is most probably used by a neighbour wihout a solar system.
kibtek charges from this customer 60 kurus additionally, as if it would be produced from fuel. so, they charge double.

kibtek will say: well, but for that, we had to use "our lines" (for the power transfer from a to b).
and the solar producers will say: ok, but it is not a "line fee", its a fuel fee, the line fee is reflected in the "grid usage fee" already....

1. even if solar producers have a "net fuel usage of zero", they use fuel (and the kibtek network, incl accounting the lot) to cover their needs 24/7.
2. if the fuel fee for solar producers is taken back, expect the line fee (grid usage fee) to go up.

You have to accept that the system must change at least a bit, because if, say, another additional 1000 solar producers connect their 3-5 kWp solar systems (hotels, commercials aso, not included ) , kibtek still has to supply a network, but will fall short of 1-2 million euros/year income with little benefit for them...

btw, the big fuel surchage damage for solar producers comes for the ones who produce remotely.
eg, Acapulco hotels 1,5 MWp (1500kWp) system in the hills above Teknecik. on the hotel meter they now have to pay the 0,6 TL, but on the remote solar system they do not get the compensation.
for a year and 1,5 MW solar installed, this adds up to approx 100.000 euros. worth a court case.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks for the explanations Kibsolar, a lot more to it than I had imagined.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

The Minister of Finance, Olgun Amcaoğlu, announced that a proposal was made to the Council of Ministers to abolish the 'Fuel Change Fee', which was reflected in the electricity bills and caused controversy.

Finance Minister Amcaoğlu, who participated in the "Headline+" program on BRT, stated that the issue would be discussed in the Council of Ministers today.

ok. maybe at same meeting the finance minister can then explain (us and) Kibtek wherefrom the money comes to pay for the fuel (orhow to cover all costs to maintain the network / into a sustainable future)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/y ... 27767.html

Fuel Change Fee removed

The decision on the Fuel Exchange Value was abolished with the publication of the Council of Ministers Decision in the Official Gazette. The decision was announced as follows: For the consumption of April 20222, the Fuel Exchange Value provision, fee and the corresponding VAT amount applied to all tariffs in the invoices are deducted from the consumption balance of the consumers. The said decision entered into force after being published in the Official Gazette. In addition, the Minister of Finance, Olgun Amcaoğlu, noted that they are working towards the transition to the "multi-tariff" and that they are targeting the month of May.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Well, that is interesting. But as I never got my discount from the bill in March and have already paid my last bill, I guess that Kibtek will just "forget" that they now owe me 187tl + 243tl and the next bill will be bigger than the last one - lol. Time will tell and I hope I live to see the outcome.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Are you sure the rebate from March wasn't taken off Waddo? Was taken off mine, but it wasn't easy to see on the Kibtek app. I had to work it all out.
This latest bill was my lowest ever, but much less consumption of electricity, plus rebate. I've paid this latest bill, so with this latest development, in theory, Kibtek should owe me now.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

alphamike - I'm in exactly the same position as you. Lowest bill ever, am about to pay it on line and as sure as eggs are eggs Kibtek actually owe me now. As it isn't the flying pig season, then I'm unlikely to receive another rebate.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 07 May 2022 11:51 am
As it isn't the flying pig season, then I'm unlikely to receive another rebate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You never know BB, we could be proved wrong, and would be happy about that.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

The way things are going, it will be Christmas before we get up to date bills again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

In todays C.T, Kibtek have been given a right old roasting for "stealing" money from inhabitants of TRNC. Don't suppose they'll take a blind bit of notice - they seem to be a law on to themselves. Trouble is with delayed bills, it means that if you are trying to put some money to one side each month, especially for paying bills, then it can't half add up if you don't know how much you're dealing with.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

BB, it's unclear whether it was actually Kibtek or the govt. (or a combination of both) who added this stealth fuel expense tax, as it was supposedly published in the Feb gazette, but sneakily never announced. If it was in the gazette, surely the govt. would have had to approve it?
They must think that we all have zips up the back of our heads, and wouldn't notice it. There seems to be so many really stupid decisions of late, which are quickly overturned after public outrage.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

From C2D front page, "DAYLIGHT ROBBERY", "The street lighting charge has also gone up in the latest bills, from 10.95TL to 31.52TL."
... per/what?
Disregarding the latest bill, I've only been ever charged (just over) the 10.95TL figure about three months in each year - usually the three (darkest) winter months...
...so is it calculated on the number of hours of darkness each month - or are some street lights on throughout the night whereas others are limited to certain hours of the night, resulting in lower charges for some...
As a numbers geek, I'll have to try to analyse this.... :roll:
:lol:

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The fuel charges have been removed its official.

karakum10
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

Post by karakum10 »

will the bills issued for April be cancelled and new ones issued?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

No fuel surcharge deducted from the next bill.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”