General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Salmonella

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

I ordered a chicken curry on Saturday from a well known chain of curry houses I live in iskele . I hadn't eaten all day . 6 hours after I ate it I was sick. All week I was sick no need to elaborate ...my blood results indicate salmonella actually in my blood which only happens in 5 % of cases and can lead to serious complications if not treated . I have to have 3 days of Intravenous antibiotics ...etc etc ..buyer beware

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Salmonella

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

sorry to hear that - hope you get better very soon with no repercussions!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Sorry to hear you've been laid low there's a lot of it about
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -list.html
Not to mention Eggs and Eggwina Currie the then minister in the 80's I think

We visited just over a month ago ate in Lefkosa I had prawns and some rice and veg about 1 pm wife had chicken breast and veg so near identical
Returned to Girne and went out at night with friends about 8pm
Wife felt a little off and went before we went out by 9:15 we were back home just in time
She spent the next three days in bed and not until the lunch time of the fourth day did she surface we were only there for a week
She is quite a bit lighter a month after

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I think this is a common problem in hot countries, even in your own home:

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. The spores can survive when rice is cooked.

If rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea.

The longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make the rice unsafe to eat.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I could be wrong but I thought the people who check on restaurant and any where that prepares food, like to be informed of cases of salmonella so they can take samples. They take this very seriously I understand.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I didnt know there was a well known chain of curry houses here?

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

I have zero proof it was from the curry house . I did message them and they did reply . That's it really .to be honest you pay your money and you take your chances . My wife refuses to eat in this restaurant as the last time we went their two chefs came from the kitchen and they both looked filthy and my wife was horrified . Since then she won't eat there and perhaps I should have taken her lead . As I Said I don't have definitive proof it was from here and also naming a business is against forum rules .
Last edited by Reyntj on Wed 18 May 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Going by your Wifes opinion it would seem that this place could do with a visit from the authorities, sounds like they need a bit of a shake up. That way you won't have to mention them on the Forum and the H and S don't mention names either, they just have a spot check.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”