Post by gripon »

can anyone advise the cost of running inverter air con

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: cost for running inverter air con

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

In dollars but this may help. They are far cheaper than normal A/C though. It also helps if you understand how they work and what you can expect of them. They will not drop the room temperature by more than 10 degrees as I understand it so it is no good setting at 21 to bring it down to a normal UK house temperature if it is 21.

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/applianc ... ircon-use/

Asia111

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

If you are thinking of buying recommend you check you are buying latest models which are the most efficient.

Difficult to calculate how much the cost but definitely a hell of a lot cheaper to run than the old style air conditioners.

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 03 Aug 2021 1:39 pm
They will not drop the room temperature by more than 10 degrees as I understand it

Is it really the case that, if the temperature outside is 45, your inverter aircon units will only reduce the indoor air to 35?

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 03 Aug 2021 1:39 pm
They will not drop the room temperature by more than 10 degrees as I understand it

Is it really the case that, if the temperature outside is 45, your inverter aircon units will only reduce the indoor air to 35?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I have read somewhere that it can drop it by 20 degrees but also that the cost to do that is far higher. If you google inverter air conditioning there is a huge amount of information of how best to use them effectively and economically.

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by compass »

I am no expert but have read up before I bought one - basically if an Inverter is running at full blast, trying to reduce the room temp by unrealistic amounts, it will cost much the same as an old style aircon unit to run. It is only once the set temp is achieved that an Inverter comes into it's own and starts to produce just enough cool air to keep the temp at the desired setting.
Whereas an old unit cuts the compressor on and off in an inefficient way to try and achieve the same thing, an inverter makes small adjustments to the compressor and fan speeds which results in reduced energy consumption, a quieter experience and a more comfortable, even temperature.

IMHO that is.

Compass

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

We have a fan running 9am til 6pm, then aircon 6pm til midnight and a fan in bedroom 10pm all night. Last month cost an extra 100tl for the month so cheap.

Tinlough 2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Tinlough 2 »

Going a bit left field on this topic. Our son and family having a lovely holiday, but says the air-con needs a service and possibly re-gassing. System is not a recent installation. I have no idea if the second bit is still possible. Any recommendations, advice and a Whats App number greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Tinlough 2 wrote:
Wed 04 Aug 2021 10:06 pm
Going a bit left field on this topic. Our son and family having a lovely holiday, but says the air-con needs a service and possibly re-gassing. System is not a recent installation. I have no idea if the second bit is still possible. Any recommendations, advice and a Whats App number greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Where abouts are they? Girne, Esentepe?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Tinlough 2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Tinlough 2 »

Hi Soner. Esentepe

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Tinlough 2 wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 8:29 am
Hi Soner. Esentepe
How many AC' s do you have?
This guy charges 250tl for service, which means cleaning filters and washing down inside of unit. Gas would be extra depending on amount needed, if there is a leak then repair would be extra.
Let me know if interested and I will put you in touch. I use this company all the time, for past 11 years.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

toaodave
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by toaodave »

Does anyone know of a company that services Aircon around Iskele? I need 3 units servicing and possibly re-gassing.
Thanks

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes we just used a guy in magusa but he confirms he comes to iskele .he charged 300 tl to service and regas an Aircon not sure if he speaks English. The Aircon was completely out of gas. I think it was 150 to fir service 150 to for gas.

I'd be asking for a discount for 3!

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

compass wrote:
Wed 04 Aug 2021 11:09 am
..........- basically if an Inverter is running at full blast, trying to reduce the room temp by unrealistic amounts, it will cost much the same as an old style aircon unit to run.....

Compass
same applies when room/area is big , and-or room has (bad and-or big) windows, doors, uninsulated roof, outside walls the lot and the size of the aircon is too small anyway.
cheap (inverter) aircons with small outside units = small radiator = small "heat exchanger" which, especially in heat waves, can not achieve the "promised Cop " (coefficient of permformance) in brochures, make this problem even bigger.

Tinlough 2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Tinlough 2 »

Thanks Soner will PM you

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

toaodave wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 12:25 pm
Does anyone know of a company that services Aircon around Iskele? I need 3 units servicing and possibly re-gassing.
Thanks
Mersarya Teknik Servis in Alaniçi will come out to Iskele. They are very good and reasonable in price. Tel Ferhat: 0533 849 37 70
I do not think he can speak English so if you need help, just call me: 0533 848 88 38

toaodave
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by toaodave »

Thankyou, I am out in 2 weeks so will get it sorted then.

Tinlough 2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Air Con recommendation

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Tinlough 2 »

Ferhat was mentioned in a posting some time ago. I had arranged for Ferhat to come last week shortly after arriving back after a nearly three year absence. Ferhat arrived as arranged on TIME and done a good job on the air con units.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”