Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Soft closing toilet seat

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good afternoon all.

We purchased a number of soft closing toilet seat / lids, BOCCHI.

It wasn’t too long before the soft close function failed on a couple of the seats.

I would like to replace the hinge mechanisms to regain the soft close function.

Has anyone done this and can the toilet seat / lid hinges be replaced without the need to replace the seat entirely please?

TIA
libens volens potens

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Soft closing toilet seat

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

My soft closing seat lids didn't last long either and I was told you would need to replace the complete seat as the mechanism is built in.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Have to say my SCS, is getting slower as time goes by. ( Cistern etc only bought 7 months ago and not cheap) I bought from Celal in Alsancak and will be paying him a visit before long to check on self same thing. I have been thinking of putting up a notice saying "this is a self closing seat, please do not force it" cos I'm sure that is one of the problems.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 19 May 2022 7:45 am
Have to say my SCS, is getting slower as time goes by. ( Cistern etc only bought 7 months ago and not cheap) I bought from Celal in Alsancak and will be paying him a visit before long to check on self same thing. I have been thinking of putting up a notice saying "this is a self closing seat, please do not force it" cos I'm sure that is one of the problems.
I agree, forcing the lid / seat to close stresses to breaking point the slow close element - might look shiny metal but is actually plastic construction.
libens volens potens

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Works the other way though. I've been known to give a gently touch to a loo seat in someones house and the thing has crashed down with a hell of a bang, I'm so used to self closing method!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”