General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Electric ceramic hob

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by phild »

Hi,looking to purchase an electric ceramic hob,any ideas the best place to look?

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Electric ceramic hob

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Bosch Induction Hob, just great to cook on.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I totally agree, they are great, but I'm afraid to take the plunge here because of power cuts and the continual increase in electricity.

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by phild »

where do they stock them?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I would have thought any Bosch shop in Girne would stock them. (their web sites will point them out on a Girne map) The ones I looked at last year were in fact Grundig Blomberg in the store at the bottom of the GAU road in Karaoglanoglu.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Argas sell Bosch products. https://www.argasltd.com/kategori/ocaklar

I agree that induction is great, but feel you have to have gas as well here, due to power cuts.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Domart near Ya Beleş in Alsancak stock them.

To check whether your existing pans are suitable for use wiith a 'standard' induction hob, you can see if a magnet sticks to the base of each pan - if it doesn't, then that pan is not suitable for use with an induction hob!

Recently manufactured pans may have a variety of symbols on the bottom, indicating which type of hob they can be used with.

More recently developed Induction Hobs may operate at a higher frequency, and allow the use of pans made from materials other than steel/iron, but they are generally more expensive, and not so widely available - check your pans with a magnet and ask the question before buying if you have any non-ferrous pans.

Ceramic pans can be used on Induction Hobs if they have a steel insert in the bottom of the pan.

There is a work-around for all 'unsuitable' pans which is to use a purpose-made steel disk between the hob and the pan, but this greatly reduces the efficiency (and rapid controllability!) of the hob, so is probably best reserved for speciality pans such as jam pans etc.

From personal experience, if you can find an induction hob that has Rotary controls (either physical knobs or circular touch controls) then you would probably find them easier and faster to operate than the type where you touch a fixed point to 'step-up or step-down' the power bit-by-bit - because if you see something on the point of boiling over, a fast response is essential :) - Lifting the pan off the hob works, of course, provided that you have the presence of mind to do so!

Fortunately, Ceramic Induction Hobs are easy to clean up ;)

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by phild »

many thanks

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

https://www.argasltd.com/urun/serie-4-i ... 0-cm-siyah This is the same model we bought in the Bosch shop Girne, Has a boost function, timer , 17 different heat settings ( think) easy to clean cooking is a breeze, As for power cuts , get a Gas Barbecue.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

tutor4u wrote:
Fri 20 May 2022 6:31 am
As for power cuts , get a Gas Barbecue.
You can also get single gas burner for using inside, which may be more practical as a back up. Kind of opposite as to what I have at the moment, gas hob and single induction.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”