General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kayess
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

90 day rule in south cyprus

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kayess »

I cannot find a definitive answer to the following.
If you arrive in Larnaca does the 90 days commence as one block so that in although you may stay for varying times within the initial 90, after 90 days you must leave until another 90 days have elapsed or, can the days be taken in say two seperate blocks of say 40 and 40 leaving you 10 days not used within a 180 rolling day period.
In other words, does your 90 days continue in one block from day of arrival regardless if you stay or leave within that period followed by 90 days where you are not allowed in until 90 days have elapsed as opposed to being able to take any 90 days in any 180 rolling period as per the normal usage as in Europe.
I have deliberately ignored residency allowances as this is just for swallows . I would like to know if there is a definitive answer as opposed to guesses etc

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: 90 day rule in south cyprus

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/

The above link might be helpful.

Allows you to put in dates to confirm when you can return based on how long previously stayed.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

You'll find some useful info here too viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55574&p=285735&hili ... or#p285735

kayess
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kayess »

Thanks for the answers but I deliberately tried to ignore Schengan , South Cyprus not in it, and just wanted to confine answers to; ,
How does the 90 days work after landing in Larnaca, is it continued as a block of 90 days whether you leave or not and is there then 90 days following the first 90 where you are not allowed re entry. I cannot find the definitive answer and am trying to avoid any mix up with all the variables

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Although Cyprus are currently not classed as Schengen, they are in the process of applying, so using that very system. We visited Cyprus for two weeks in April/May and are returning in July. One of the members of this board (Ginge) asked an immigration officer in Larnaca the rules and they confirmed that this is the case.

We have friends who have visited multiple times too and they have had no issues. I think where the confusion arises, is it is different for residents compared to tourists.

Hope this helps as I know it is a minefield of information to go through.

kayess
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kayess »

Thank you for that answer Trigger, it is exactly the sort of experience I was hoping was happening to people who are swallows.It is very difficult to know what is true unless there are particular examples such as those you quoted,Thanks again, looks like I can return via Larnaca

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Don't give South Cyprus the business. Use Ercan!!!!

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Correct me if I am wrong but it works as a 90 day block in 180 days so after 90 you have to wait another 90 days - then applying and using Schengen rules will allow those 90 days to run across the whole 180 days

Does anyone know when they will be using Schengen rules I had heard from the 1st June?

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I thought that on arrival in the EU the 180 day clock is started. You can come and go in the EU for up to a total of 90 days within that 180 days. Once that 180 day block has ended, another 180 day period starts again during which you can again visit for up to 90 days. So if you landed on the 1st January and stayed until 31st March, being 90 days, you can't remain or visit the EU until the 180 days have elapsed i.e.1st July.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Whilst Cyprus is not classed as Schengen, the link to calculate length of stay/return etc does give an easy way of understanding the 90/180 day regulations.

As swallows we find it easier just to go thro the residency process, as frustrating as it can be. It allows us to come and go, stay for as long as we wish without having the worry of overstay.

Of course I understand for short stays of maybe 2-3 weeks a couple of times of the year, residency isn’t the answer.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Dropshort
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Dropshort »

P in D. Providing of course you enter and exit via Ercan???

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Hector - I believe that’s the Schengen rules but not the South…they don’t spread it over the 180 days … if I am wrong then sorry for mis information …

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”