General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ossie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Immigration/residency office Police Station

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Ossie »

I arrived at the Kyrenia Police Station this morning at 10.50am, in good time for my 11am appointment to hand in the paperwork required for Residency renewal. I stood outside at the window as I did last year.. After 15 minutes, a policeman told me to go inside and take a number. As always, loads of people, most with immigration paperwork. Took a number and waited for 20 minutes or so. Then realised that the number machine wasn't working. I "gatecrashed" the office and was told to go out and wait. I got rather agitated and showed him the appointment notification on my phone. I told him I was 78 and very tired. He took my papers! Said I was late applying! I had started the online process on 3rd May (current residency expires on 22 May.) He eventually handed back my passport and told me I was "on licence" - whatever that means. Why on earth are "they doling out appointments when they don't mean anything.

I have been here since January 2005. I wish I hadn't.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Immigration/residency office Police Station

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Ossie, I do feel so sorry for you and yes, to be absolutely honest those of us of a certain ago, and in our case above you, are getting nearly to the end of our tether. Like you, when we first came we were welcomed and treated with respect. Gradually over a period of 7 or 8 years the more elderly TC's who were lovely started to "leave" us. Then the next generation took over to be replaced by greed and Pound signs. We've tried to jump through all the hoops thrown at us, with no thanks from anyone, just pay up and shut up. Any before any of those who boring reply ""if you don't like it here, then you know what to do" Yes we do, and it wouldn't be the UK.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”