General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ozankoy Burglary spree

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

Local police have advised the press that they have caught a burglar responsible for some 12 offences committed in the Ozankoy area. It is alleged that he has been responsible for stealing large amounts of cash jewellery and personal items. No further details given except his initials. More will follow when he appears at Court.

Some of the offences were committed in the RAFTERS area the most recent being some 3 days ago when he entered through an insecurity at about 4am. CCTV coverage was available and a general description obtained although he had covered his head and face with a red T shirt..

Well done to our local police. They would seem to shame the recent crop of police in the U.K. I am informed they don’t even attend Burglaries in some areas and just give a crime number for insurance purposes.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ozankoy Burglary spree

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Great to see the local TRNC Police successfully apprehend the offender in Ozankoy, who in all probability was also committing similar offences in other areas.
Comparing our local Police here to other Police authorities is not realistic, the demands are incomparable.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Well done to our local police. They would seem to shame the recent crop of police in the U.K. I am informed they don’t even attend Burglaries in some areas and just give a crime number for insurance purposes.
[/quote]

How on earth can you compare TRNC to the UK ? Why do you feel you have to do so anyway.?

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I never really understand the comparisons either but there we go.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

What an idiot there are almost 70 million people in the UK and less than 300 thousand in North Cyprus. If the local police couldn’t catch a local burglar I’d be very worried. You’ve compared apples to oranges I’m afraid.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Walesforever wrote:
Sat 02 Jul 2022 8:47 pm
... there are almost 70 million people in the UK and less than 300 thousand in North Cyprus....
...You’ve compared apples to oranges I’m afraid.....
Then again, we need to compare number of police in UK and number of police in North Cyprus.....
...apples - oranges - PEARS - PINEAPPLES - CUCUMBERS.... :wink:

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

So what were his initials or how can I find out

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

Home invasion-Burglary or Robbery whatever you wish to call it is a very personal matter and in many cases is the only time that the general public come into contact with the police.. victims feel vulnerable, violated and totally helpless. They seek assistance both mentally and physically.

If the police do not attend or investigate then there is no chance of solving the crime.This after all is a primary object of an efficient police service, If crimes are left un investigated then gradually law and order breaks down and a loss of respect for the police service by the general public follows. This I am sorry to say appears to be happening in the U.K. and other countries and is one of the reasons why ex pats feel more secure in the TRNC we often refer to it as being like Britain was 30 years ago,

Comparisons between populations and service numbers with this small island make no difference. If you don’t attend or investigate crimes then offenders go unpunished and the victims suffer, There may be many reasons for this including political and internal but the need to enforce the law is paramount. This trend started years ago and has produced the Police service we currently have in the U.K. it’s time to get back to fundamentals.

I have lived in both countries for considerable periods of time and that’s why I have mentioned crime in both.

I do not know the offenders initials if you wait and read the papers after his court appearance you will know as much as I do

If you knew how much effort and resources were put into catching this villain including drafting in officers from Nicosia it would amaze you.

Walesforever. Not a nice thing to say. If you wish to debate this then fire away.,

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

I second your opinions. UK Police force ? An absolute joke. More interested in dressing in rainbow flags and taking the knee. They cant attend a burglary in someones home. Yet they can send 6 officers to a guys home about a parking incident.

Just follow the Alex Bellfield saga. Totally corrupt, they even removed their own badge numbers .

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Deniz1 wrote:
Sun 03 Jul 2022 6:16 am
So what were his initials or how can I find out
MP.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

jackvern wrote:
Sun 03 Jul 2022 8:15 am
Home invasion-Burglary or Robbery whatever you wish to call it is a very personal matter and in many cases is the only time that the general public come into contact with the police.. victims feel vulnerable, violated and totally helpless. They seek assistance both mentally and physically.

If the police do not attend or investigate then there is no chance of solving the crime.This after all is a primary object of an efficient police service, If crimes are left un investigated then gradually law and order breaks down and a loss of respect for the police service by the general public follows. This I am sorry to say appears to be happening in the U.K. and other countries and is one of the reasons why ex pats feel more secure in the TRNC we often refer to it as being like Britain was 30 years ago,

Comparisons between populations and service numbers with this small island make no difference. If you don’t attend or investigate crimes then offenders go unpunished and the victims suffer, There may be many reasons for this including political and internal but the need to enforce the law is paramount. This trend started years ago and has produced the Police service we currently have in the U.K. it’s time to get back to fundamentals.

I have lived in both countries for considerable periods of time and that’s why I have mentioned crime in both.

I do not know the offenders initials if you wait and read the papers after his court appearance you will know as much as I do

If you knew how much effort and resources were put into catching this villain including drafting in officers from Nicosia it would amaze you.

Walesforever. Not a nice thing to say. If you wish to debate this then fire away.,

There are 135k police in the UK. I’ve no idea how many there are in North Cyprus. So can’t compare numbers. I’m happy that the police in TRNC have caught this scumbag but let’s not pretend that either Country’s police are perfect. We will leave it at that

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Johnny Lee wrote:
Sun 03 Jul 2022 8:32 am
I second your opinions. UK Police force ? An absolute joke. More interested in dressing in rainbow flags and taking the knee. They cant attend a burglary in someones home. Yet they can send 6 officers to a guys home about a parking incident.

Just follow the Alex Bellfield saga. Totally corrupt, they even removed their own badge numbers .
:+1:)
You forgot to mention them handing out water etc. to the eco loonies blocking the motorway access points.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”