General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

POWER CUTS

•   Message 1 of 50 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

We had a power cut around 4 am then again at 11:30 this morning still not on at 14.20 in Catalkoy.
So much for 2 hour blocks (:Q)
Anyone else off ?????

Jambodave57
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: POWER CUTS

•   Message 2 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Jambodave57 »

Yes, we are the same in Ozankoy. Still off here.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 50 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Being widely reported that Kibtek struggling to source fuel. Running low with supply for only 2-3 days, hence more power cuts.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 50 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

14:40 just back on well over 2 hours

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Shocking, truly shocking state of affairs, its going back to the bad old days when we arrived in 2004!

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 50 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Apparently fuel will be here in 3-5 days, what a joke.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Lost power at 6am to 11am and now been off again since 3pm in Karaoglanoglu.

Hearing that they have enough fuel for 2 days. New delivery in 4 days for which they have overpaid. In party fighting and a good chance this shipment will be cancelled due to price

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 50 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Ours was off in Ozanköy 6.30 until 11.15 then off again at 2, it's still off. It's impossible to do anything, I feel for generatorless businesses.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Mine was off for 5 hrs Im at home with a virus and was feeling very hot with no fan.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 10 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

papers announced that Teknecik will close 4 pm today, that was 20 min ago
Aksa announced that they can supply 135 MW, which is approx 55% of the need.
= meaning 12 hr power cuts for the next days?

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 50 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

What does that mean 4pm nobody there to switch it back on

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 50 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Catalkoy just gone off again 17:30!!!!!

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 13 of 50 in Discussion

Post by gates »

This is crackers. Who the hell is running this lot Bill& Ben come to Cyprus its sunshine all day and black out at night crazy 😜

gates

•   Message 14 of 50 in Discussion

Post by gates »

We off most of day come on 1 hour gone off at 4.30 so that’s it today then GREAT

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

forestpixie wrote:
Mon 04 Jul 2022 3:06 pm
What does that mean 4pm nobody there to switch it back on
no fuel left

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Went at 2pm, just came back its 1807 in karaoglanoglu, so in the last 12 hours has 3 hours of electricity.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 50 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

There was a VERY small tanker hooked up a few days ago, not much bigger than a ferry, assumed Kibtec had no money to pay for a large tanker,?

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Came back for an hour or so, no electricity again since 8pm

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Over 10 hours cuts today, TRNC should be ashamed of itself!

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 50 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

We can all help a bit by minimising our use of electricity.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

TRNC catching up with Sri Lanka. 12 hour outage in Girne today!!?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 50 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

£eagle wrote:
Mon 04 Jul 2022 7:26 pm
We can all help a bit by minimising our use of electricity.
Well you need to have electricity to minimise your use.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Off again this morning, woke up at 1am wet through, came back on at 4.20am, at least 3.5 hours

Harrythecod
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Harrythecod »

Turkish quarters of 16 hrs in the last 24hrs

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Prime Minister Ünal Üstel made a new statement after the power cuts. In his statement, the Prime Minister stated that the chief responsible for the power cuts was Sideral Denizcilik and that his account would be legally demanded.

The Prime Minister's statement is as follows:

Dear Turkish Cypriot People, my dear citizens, The power outages have caused serious problems and justified reactions throughout the country. In this age, due to such a problem, the explanation of the lack of electricity of the people, businesses and institutions has to be done correctly. This explanation needs to be made in depth because both our government's understanding of transparency and the necessity of an honest explanation against justified reactions require it. My dear citizens, The main cause of the power outages is the company called Sideral Denizcilik, which undertook the tender for the purchase of fuel. Kıb-Tek suffered material and moral damage because the company in question could not fulfill its commitments and caused the institution to waste time, and the reflections of this were manifested as power cuts in the last few days. Regarding this example of irresponsibility, which is in no way acceptable or even justified, Kıb-Tek will persistently pursue the necessary legal proceedings against the company named Sideral until the end, and all damages will be compensated from the company in question. Cyprus Turkish Electricity Authority and our government are determined on this issue. Explaining the reason for the power cuts, which put our citizens in great difficulties, will of course not be enough to solve the problem. In the face of this problem, our government under the chairmanship of me has made urgent decisions and made initiatives, and as the Council of Ministers, the decision to enter the international tender has been made. Until this tender process is completed, the winning company is determined and the first delivery is made, we have also arranged the interim purchases necessary for electricity generation. The electricity need of the country will be met uninterruptedly with the interim purchases provided until the firm that will win the tender makes its first delivery. Dear citizens, I want our people to be sure that after the intense power cuts experienced yesterday, we will experience short-term power cuts today and routine energy distribution will continue as of today evening, and life will return to normal. I can assure the Turkish Cypriot people that the account of our people's lack of electricity due to the failure and irresponsibility of a company will be questioned with all determination in the legal platform, this issue will be at the top of our agenda and will be followed up by myself. We would like to announce once again that we embrace the reactions of all our people due to the problem and that necessary action will be taken against those responsible for the power cuts, I would like to convey our best wishes to all our citizens and hope that such a problem will not occur again. ​Unal USTEL Prime Minister

05/07/2022 08:27

Gatsby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Gatsby »

Alsancak; just gone off, same time as yesterday (09.20-14.40)
Over 8 hours of no electric yesterday....🙄

Luckily charged tablet during the night so have ebooks and films to lessen the blow...

Thank you:
Kibtek
Sideral
Those establishments who owe big arrears

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Ours was off yest 6am to 11, went off this morn at 5 it back at half 8, so let's see

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 50 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

After three 3-4hrs power cuts yesterday (6-10:45am, 1.15 -4.45pm and 6.45-10.20pm) our power went off again at 4am this morning and came back at 7.45. Still on at the moment!!!!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Assuming when alsancak come back, karaoglanoglu will go,

gates

•   Message 30 of 50 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Why don’t they fill a few road tanker’s from the depot in Iskeli and fill like that until the new one is appointed and charge it to the company that mucked it all up seeing as they are going to be claiming from them anyway. Or would that be to easy. To cure the problem today. Perhaps someone should suggest this to the prime minister 🤷‍♀️

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 31 of 50 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Not being able to switch your aircon on is one thing, especially when you're trying to sleep and i know what that's like, but i also feel for people that must have lost out with perishables in fridges and freezers.

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 50 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

just came back on after 6 and a half hours checked freezer is fine
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

The minister speaks with a forked tongue, I dont believe a single word that the government tell us.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Had to throw away meat n fish this morning, one of them had a funky smell!

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

"We will experience short term power cuts today" I don't call no power from 9am until 1.30pm short term

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 50 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

No power in Ozanköy 6am until 9am, went off, again at 3pm

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 50 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Went off early hours of the morning then again
13:21 still off 16:17🥲
Maybe we’ll escape the later one 🙏

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

AFC wrote:
Tue 05 Jul 2022 7:32 am
Prime Minister Ünal Üstel made a new statement after the power cuts. In his statement, the Prime Minister stated that the chief responsible for the power cuts was Sideral Denizcilik and that his account would be legally demanded.

The Prime Minister's statement is as follows:

Dear Turkish Cypriot People, my dear citizens, The power outages have caused serious problems and justified reactions throughout the country. In this age, due to such a problem, the explanation of the lack of electricity of the people, businesses and institutions has to be done correctly. This explanation needs to be made in depth because both our government's understanding of transparency and the necessity of an honest explanation against justified reactions require it. My dear citizens, The main cause of the power outages is the company called Sideral Denizcilik, which undertook the tender for the purchase of fuel. Kıb-Tek suffered material and moral damage because the company in question could not fulfill its commitments and caused the institution to waste time, and the reflections of this were manifested as power cuts in the last few days. Regarding this example of irresponsibility, which is in no way acceptable or even justified, Kıb-Tek will persistently pursue the necessary legal proceedings against the company named Sideral until the end, and all damages will be compensated from the company in question. Cyprus Turkish Electricity Authority and our government are determined on this issue. Explaining the reason for the power cuts, which put our citizens in great difficulties, will of course not be enough to solve the problem. In the face of this problem, our government under the chairmanship of me has made urgent decisions and made initiatives, and as the Council of Ministers, the decision to enter the international tender has been made. Until this tender process is completed, the winning company is determined and the first delivery is made, we have also arranged the interim purchases necessary for electricity generation. The electricity need of the country will be met uninterruptedly with the interim purchases provided until the firm that will win the tender makes its first delivery. Dear citizens, I want our people to be sure that after the intense power cuts experienced yesterday, we will experience short-term power cuts today and routine energy distribution will continue as of today evening, and life will return to normal. I can assure the Turkish Cypriot people that the account of our people's lack of electricity due to the failure and irresponsibility of a company will be questioned with all determination in the legal platform, this issue will be at the top of our agenda and will be followed up by myself. We would like to announce once again that we embrace the reactions of all our people due to the problem and that necessary action will be taken against those responsible for the power cuts, I would like to convey our best wishes to all our citizens and hope that such a problem will not occur again. ​Unal USTEL Prime Minister

05/07/2022 08:27
One positive is that it's apparently ok to name and shame companies again......

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 50 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

I saw a 'hack' that i now use. I put a small top of an inch high bottle top. Fill with water and freeze. Then put a coin on top of frozen water. Once frozen if freezer is off for a long time water in the plastic top melts and the coin sinks. If it sinks too low dont use food.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 50 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

sausage and pash wrote:
Tue 05 Jul 2022 10:11 pm

If it sinks too low dont use food.
We use something similar. Effective at negligible cost or space used in freezer.
libens volens potens

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 41 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sausage and pash wrote:
I saw a 'hack' that i now use. I put a small top of an inch high bottle top. Fill with water and freeze. Then put a coin on top of frozen water. Once frozen if freezer is off for a long time water in the plastic top melts and the coin sinks. If it sinks too low dont use food.

That's a handy tip!

Remember that even if food has defrosted, as long as you cook it thoroughly, you can re-freeze it.

It's a bit of a faff boiling up big chunks of meat in a metal bucket, but it can all be used for curries and chillies - I hate waste!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 42 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

One positive is that it's apparently ok to name and shame companies again......

Just remember that he IS the Prime Minister, and he's probably immune from Prosecution or something...

I wouldn't take your lead from him!

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 50 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Very small tanker unloading today at the power station !

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 44 of 50 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

sausage and pash wrote:
Most average modern freezers, depending on size and providing the door has not been opened since the power went off, will hold out for 6-8 hours before defrosting significantly. A more reliable way of telling exactly how long the power has been off is by using a mains operated analogue clock as this will stop when the power goes off and continue when power is restored, showing exactly how long the power has been off for.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Wednesday, 6 July 2022
The intermittent power cuts imposed across the country should end as of today, Kibris Postasi reported.

Fuel is being delivered to the Teknecik power station and with the additional generators supplied by Turkey being put into operation, normal power supply should be restored.
More...
https://lgcnews.com/intermittent-power- ... end-today/

Jambodave57
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Jambodave57 »

And the power is off on Ozankoy again.

Jambodave57
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Jambodave57 »

And the power is off in Ozankoy again.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 50 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Whereabouts in Ozanköy? Ours is on nr rafters

gates

•   Message 49 of 50 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Ours out Yeni Erencoy so must be a mith no more power cuts

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 50 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Have just returned from 14 days away, learned of the P/C and assumed my stuff in both freezers and fridges all would re ruined. Cheers................. as none of the doors had been opened, and I hadn't lessened the temps on the freezers or fridges, apart from the icecream in freezer and some butter which had turned black in the fridge compartment, all is well.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”