General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tapu / Land registry visit

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We need to check the status of a PTP and it's approval. The PTP office were supposed to make a change to the PTP 2 years ago but they are being very evasive and said to go to the Tapu /Land registry, it doesn't bode well. We've never been, I believe it's in the car park immediately before the state hospital (coming from Çatalköy), the building to the right hand side as we enter that car park, is that right?

I'm sure I read a while back that you need to make an appointment, is that still the case?

We will go for 8am but are there any hints and tips to make it easier?

Over the years I have a dread of going to public offices, any help will be much appreciated.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Tapu / Land registry visit

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Tapu is on the left of the archway court on the right.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

If you enter from the main road just before the state hospital its the building infront of you ,large sign on building dont go on Fridays its busy doing transfers.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

I do not understand why you have been told to go in connection with PTP issue but you will find the staff are very helpful indeed & quite a few of them speak English. They do transfers every day not just Fridays you have to make an appointment for them but not for other matters.
Deniz1 you have obviously not been to Tapu for very many years!
Good luck!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.
ozankoys wrote:
Wed 20 Jul 2022 5:37 am
I do not understand why you have been told to go in connection with PTP issue but you will find the staff are very helpful indeed & quite a few of them speak English. They do transfers every day not just Fridays you have to make an appointment for them but not for other matters.
Deniz1 you have obviously not been to Tapu for very many years!
Good luck!
Ozankoys, could you confirm which building it is? My understanding is that if I stand at the entrance to the car park facing the direction of the sea, with the road behind me, that it is the building on the right hand side rather than the one directly opposite the entrance. I don't want to waste time going to the wrong building. Also within the 'right' building is it obvious where to go and is there a ticketing system.
TIA

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1658318302319565614824.jpg

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Sorry Kerry I couldn't open that link.

In case any one is interested, the Land Registry building is on the right of the car park entrance, the District Office is the one nearest to the entrance. The Land Registry office opens at 8.30am but there are lots of benches in the shade to wait on. The lady who dealt with us was very helpful but we did have to go back to the PTP office, even though they told us to go to the Tapu. Anyway, we're a bit further ahead so not a wasted journey and definitely one of the better public offices to visit.

Telstar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Telstar »

Correct me if I am wrong but Permission to Purchase is processed at Lefkosa in the main immigration building upstairs and not at any Tapu Office. Because you are a foreigner and you as an individual have to be vetted through the Council of Ministers admin team first unless it has changed in the last 6 months which I think not.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Telstar wrote:
Sun 31 Jul 2022 12:45 pm
Correct me if I am wrong but Permission to Purchase is processed at Lefkosa in the main immigration building upstairs and not at any Tapu Office. Because you are a foreigner and you as an individual have to be vetted through the Council of Ministers admin team first unless it has changed in the last 6 months which I think not.
You are quite right. This matter was relating to a PTP that had been approved but needed to be amended. The amendment had been submitted to the PTP office 2 years ago but for some reason (incorrectly) the PTP office directed us to the Tapu.
The original post was asking which was the correct building for the Tapu not the process involved. As you can see from various replies there is some confusion, hence my last post detailing my experience.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

6 months on and the transfer has been done just waiting on the paperwork. We went along this morning but it was very busy and no indication of who we speak to re progress. Does anyone know if there is a specific person or office that deals with the issuing of deeds? I went on to the appointment booking system when we got home but earliest date available is end of July... I see someone mentioned that appointments are only needed for doing the actual transfers though, hoping that we won't need one.
TIA

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”