General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

munchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

What is happening to our Nature

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by munchy »

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of Wildlife/Creatures this year? Lizards, snakes, bees, birds etc all appear to be in sudden decline. This is very serious. The quality of Local Produce also leaves a lot to be desired. The lack of shade , which used to be provided by the wonderful trees, is also proving to be an issue. Unrelenting destruction of habitat is going to come back and bite us sooner than we think. More publicity on this subject is needed and everyone of us should stop and think before we use that CHAINSAW or decide to build that EXTENTION. !!!!!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What is happening to our Nature

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Your first stop is the schools, where little or nothing about nature is taught and hasn't been for generations. Sadly though this crisis is worldwide, check on the figures re bees and honey production. Here, if it moves, then shoot it or run over it. I despair sometimes and am glad that I won't have to see the total destruction of this once beautiful country that I moved to.

munchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What is happening to our Nature

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by munchy »

Absolutely right about the Schools. I am just astounded at the speed of the decline around us. Some individual Organisations are trying their best to educate BY EXAMPLE but it seems like an uphill struggle.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”