General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

property prices bahceli area

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

property Prices and construction in the Bahceli area have seemed to have rocketed on over the past 18 months, is there something happening that makes this area most desirable.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: property prices bahceli area

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Is this the new builds or resales?

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Both according to my Solicitor, we have just sold our villa in Bahcelli and buying in Catalkoy and she was commenting on the price rises in both Esentepe/Bahcelli on the property's she was working on

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

I was informed by the land registry that the land from Aligadi to Bacheli was originally Greek owned,pre 1974. It seems that in the last few years the government have given permission to allow the developers to build on this land. This is why so many properties are being built.

manyworlds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by manyworlds »

New places like the Maldives charging 130k for a 1+1 apartment is pushing up the average price as well.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes post COVID and the influx of buyers from everywhere ..kyrenia seems to have stayed the same but coastal areas like bahceli and iskele have rocketed prices up in iskele up c 50% imo in the last year buyers from everywhere notably russua Ukraine etc Iran and scandanavia..rents to have rocketed in iskele by even more

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Joker2nd wrote:
Thu 01 Sep 2022 8:16 am
I was informed by the land registry that the land from Aligadi to Bacheli was originally Greek owned,pre 1974. It seems that in the last few years the government have given permission to allow the developers to build on this land. This is why so many properties are being built.

I think that pre-74, 80 to 90% of the land was Greek Cypriot owned - hence the relative scarcity of pre-74 TC or British owned properties.

The longer that the GC's delay a political settlement, the more difficult it will become to unravel the land ownership and any possible compensation...

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”