Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Research

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Hi everyone…
I’m just doing some research …
Appreciate any assistance.
Could any one give feedback on visiting the local accident and emergency hospital ? Not a private hospital..
Must be local hospital.
Name of hospital
Just a brief account ?
Waiting time ?
Arrival time..
No matter how trivial or major..
Post on here or pm me.
Thanks in advance

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Research

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Main state hospital in Girne, if A&E emergency just go to A&E to be seen
If you want to see a doctor under normal circumstances, you need to get there early, there is a list in the entrance rear of the hospital by the car park, find name of doctor you want to send, go to reception, pay fee and receive ticket. Now comes the interesting part, find the appropriate consulting room, get your elbows out and make sure you get in for your appointment. Others will just walk in front of you, ignoring ticket numbers. Last time I went the numbering display above docs doors were not working.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Thank you laptatony.
Would you help my giving more detail ?
Just a brief account ?
Waiting time ?
Arrival time..?
Tests etc..
No matter how trivial or major..
Pm me if you prefer…
Thanks again..

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Broke my ankle a few years ago. On a Saturday around 10am. Went to Girne hospital A and E. staff came out with a wheelchair to help me in. Saw a doctor straight away. X-ray done ten minutes later. Confirmed a break. Ankle was secured and I was taken by ambulance to Lefkosa hospital to see an orthopaedic surgeon. Took around two hours from start to arriving in Lefkosa.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by gates »

The best thing go early i had my hip replaced great job private room 6 years no problems. If you get there early get tickets bit wait but good service

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

What is the criteria for getting surgery ie hips etc done in Girne State hospital? instead of having to pay privately? Would you have to have xray done first in private hospital or do you just go seek out the appropriate surgeon in State hospital and all is done there?

gates

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by gates »

The surgeons in state hospital are the same ones you see in the private hospitals . They work in state hospital in morning then private afternoon so I didn’t have to pay for mine in the state hospital as i pay my national insurance i have a business. But the surgeon that did mine said it will cost nothing here or you can come to my private hospital and pay £7000+ after long deliberation of 2 seconds what do you think 🤔 I decided . Today’s puzzle?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

That was very noble of the Surgeon gates. To have talked you out of not paying his private fee of 7,000

gates

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Yes but when opened up I also had cracked pelvis witch had to bolt up. In a way he had to tell me and advise me as he is a professional person

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

For normal appointment to a see a doctor, get there around 8am...it depends how many people are waiting to see that doctor, but they won't normally issue tickets that take appointments past 11am. From my experience seen in under ,1 1/2 hours. If sent for blood tests, these are normally very quick with results the next day. My wife had to see a heart doctor, had 3 separate tests and told come back tomorrow, don't bother with a ticket come straight to see me. The only way you learn is from experience.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

You can see which doctors are going to be in the polyclinics and when (hopefully up to date)
Girne - http://gah.gov.ct.tr/tr/poliklinik
Lefkoşa - http://bndh.gov.ct.tr/tr/poliklinik

Once you get a ticket and find the room the doctor is consulting in, try to keep an eye on the other ticket numbers and get to the door when the number before you goes in. Take big elbows and don't he surprised if another patient tries to enter the room when you're in it. Sometimes, there are room monitors, sometimes you are on your own. And take something to occupy you while you're waiting.

Kay123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Kay123 »

Went into A&E in Girne State Hospital at about 9.30 on a Saturday morning with dizziness and High blood pressure. Paid at the window and waited about 10 minutes. was seen by the doctor and given a prescription. The doctor was very kind and the nurses helpful. Was in and out about 25 minutes tops.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Thank you all for replies.

AJay
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by AJay »

Well this is going back a couple of years ago but I like to walk everywhere and I was walking back from Lambousa Market to my Villa in Alsancak (close to the Lapta Health centre) and I managed to trip up the kerb I admit that I had had a couple of beers but anyway I was lying on the ground and found myself surrounded by at least 6 locals and despite my protestations that I was alright they proceeded to call an ambulance Well i did not have to wait long for the arrival because it came from Lapta Health Centre itself and they loaded me up into the back of the ambulance and proceeded to take me into Girne State Hospital and on my way there the medic that was looking after me addressed my (minor) facial wounds and checked my blood pressure and arriving at Girne A&E i was trundled in to the A&E ward and seen straight away by the medics. I was in there for at least 2 hours and in that time they had carried out a complete cardiograph on my ticker and taken blood samples which were processed and results returned (all ok) and just before I left I asked them how much do I owe them and they said nothing. You cannot get a better service than that. By the way I am a resident in the TRNC.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Thank you Ajay

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”