General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WINSA patio doors and windows

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I have WINSA patio doors and windows in our villa which are almost 20 years old, some of the frames have been damaged by the sun others are still perfect and I would like to replace them with the same make, WINSA have plenty of suppliers in Turkey but I can't find any agents in TRNC, has anyone come across a WINSA agent in TRNC?

Chelsea
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: WINSA patio doors and windows

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chelsea »

The only Winsa shop I knew of was in lefkosa but has been closed down some years ago.

Asia111

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

We replaced our Winsa windows and doors a few years ago using company, Dogpen. Powder coated aluminium rather than UPVC. No problems.

Winsa were based in Nicosia at the time.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Acacia wrote:
Tue 20 Sep 2022 7:55 am
We replaced our Winsa windows and doors a few years ago using company, Dogpen. Powder coated aluminium rather than UPVC. No problems.

Winsa were based in Nicosia at the time.
as i said many times..
aluminium is, after silver and copper, the 3rd best heat transmitting material and is in general not suitable for windows.

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by compass »

I find it's more to do with the quality of the sealed double glazing units, or lack of it!!!

We had a porch enclosed and whilst the aluminium frame and doors were fine the glazing units only lasted 4 years before the y started misting up.

A friend also had problems with their new house glazing within 4 years and had to have them replaced.......

I now can't help noticing recently fitted units failing far too soon..................
even the new cafe down near th Hz Ohmer Mosque/tombe on the beach at Catalkoy has misted units and it's really not long built.

There must be a huge amount of waste caused.

Compass

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

The WINSA doors and windows were installed 19 years ago, I have had to replace a number of the glazing units over the last few years but the frames are fine except for 2 patio doors that are in the sun all afternoon, I replace 1 about 5 years ago and it was rubbish, the whistling kept us awake all night during the winter, I had that replace after a couple of years and the new one is not great but ok, now I need to replace the other one and I would have liked to replace it with WINSA as they have been so good

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”