Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Car Hire Pick Up

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Looking for some advice.

Friends holidaying in south in October and they are hoping to cross to the north to spend a few days exploring. They want to pick up a hire car at a border crossing, travel around and then drop car off at the border before returning south.

Has anyone had any experience of doing this and if so who did you use, what border crossing and how did it work?

Alternatively does anyone know of a south side hire company that allows vehicles to cross to the north .

Any help appreciated.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Car Hire Pick Up

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Goes back a couple of years we hired a car in the south Sixt in Niccosea they offered for us to be able to cross north with the car
i declined as our car was at ledra St car park in the North whilst we toured the south
https://www.sixt.co.uk/car-hire/cyprus/ ... a/nicosia/#/

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by mish »

I always use Petsas car hire at Larnaca, who are happy to let their cars cross over for any length of time.
m

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks for the replies and also recommended car hire companies.

Our friends have investigated further and whilst a few south hire car companies will allow vehicles across the border, they are not insured. Of course you can purchase insurance at the border but they are concerned that the cover is not fully comprehensive.
They don’t feel comfortable with the risk so looks as if they will be walking across to the north and arranging to pick up a hire car.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Well we all have to have the Mickey Mouse crossing policy, and we do have to take a risk. I have been hiring an RoC car since 2009 and spending a month at a time mostly in TRNC. But to at least make me feel comfortable, carhireexcess.co.uk provide me an annual policy should I be hit with an excess penalty. I haven't had to use them ever, although they tell me they are familiar with the circumstances on the island and have handled claims involving cars taken across from RoC.
m

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”