General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tailor for mens suit

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

Can any one recommend a tailor ideally around the Girne area that makes good quality Mens suits?

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Tailor for mens suit

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Ozankoy tailor

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

Whereabouts in Ozankoy please?

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

There is a tailor in the parade of shops just before the fire station ,next to KAR in town. Never used him so couldn't possibly comment on his work.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Think if was getting one go to the one on corner op George’s bar down a bit. Must be good to have a unit there

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I can't think of the name you are referring to gates, but I know the one you mean. He is supposed to be the very best and takes a lot of time measuring etc etc. I did know a couple of ladies who got evening dresses made at his establishment and wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Plus an English gentleman who had a full DJ, trousers and waist coat tailored by him and couldn't praise him enough. The shop is still open but whether the tailor is still there I can't confirm. If you required a good mens suit, they would be my first thought.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

My husband has used Syleiman who used to be at Green Man tailors behind the Pia Bella. He has now moved. At the roundabout by Upper Crust and Akin Motors turn there. The second road is sign posted to Park Palace turn down there and he is a little way along o the LHS.

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

Re 6 in discussion. Do you mean Mr Osman? His brother was a brilliant taylor in Nicosia. People came to him from the south side!!! He is sadly no longer with us. I think his brother is still working from where you describe.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Number 6 comment
On the left hand side going down the high street for materials Adem Kader which also owns or is conected to Afinans Bank
They sell material and call in a taylor that opperates with another tailor further down the hight street on the right hand side
down a narrow alley near Halil İbrahim Sofrası cafe just after Akay opticians before the cross roads

.I've had two suits made by him and One by the tailor that shares his workshop in the alley . Also one made by the late Ozman in Lefkossa.
All four of the suits are going strong and have worn well
The thing youll need to do is sourse the material the tailor will look at you and tell you how many meters and a making price and a time to do it
Then go material hunting
The one tailor also owns" Cadde bostan Collection" on the same side and just down from as Cafe George he's the one whos made two suits for me

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Having read all comments above I think if you just want a half way decent suit, there are places to go but if you want a really well tailored suit then you have alternatives.

Sunnyjim
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyjim »

We have just been to Syleiman mentioned at number 7 post. He does fine Bespoke tailoring for both men and women, but also has off the peg suits available at sensible prices for all shapes and sizes.
He and his lovely wife both speak excellent English and were very helpful and friendly. The instructions for directions are accurate but avoid school drop-down and pick-up times as the shop is on the Near East School road.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”