Leaving from Larnaca after three years here.

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Leaving from Larnaca after three years here.

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

Friend last flew into Larnaca in 2019, can he go to UK from there now without being sanctioned or refused since leaving the EU?

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Leaving from Larnaca after three years here.

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I wouldn't attemt it
A good friend was traumatised by the polis at Larnaca on a journey out this july and refused re entry to the South
That was another problem as they needed to get to their home in the North so the return ticket was of no use
Luckily Jet 2 changed it to a ticket to Turkeyn
SERIOUSLY THEY DONT NEED THE HASSTLE

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

My husband flew from Larnaca in March. He hadn't left the island since 2017. He was hauled aside and told he was illegal and given a lot of grief. He was eventually allowed to fly but told he wouldn't be able to use their ports of entry again.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Panchocat wrote:
Wed 28 Sep 2022 3:30 pm
My husband flew from Larnaca in March. He hadn't left the island since 2017. He was hauled aside and told he was illegal and given a lot of grief. He was eventually allowed to fly but told he wouldn't be able to use their ports of entry again.

My Hubby had the same experience - they let him fly out from Larnaca, but told him that he wouldn't be allowed to fly in or out of ROC for 'A Year and a Month' - although he wasn't given any official notice, it was all verbal.

He just uses Ercan now, but he's annoyed because he's got a huge credit note with BA, so he'll probably face the prats in the South when his period expires in order to use his credit!

It hasn't stopped him from crossing the Green Line though - he pops back and forth at will, half the time they don't even check his documents, so how on Earth they think they're keeping track of anyone, I just don't know.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Just to show how random the behaviours of RoC Passport Control personnel can be, here's my tale.

I booked an easyJet Paphos-Edinburgh return journey in early September, because of the crazy Turkish Airlines prices. I hadn't flown out of the South since 2019, when i made a Bahrain-Larnaca-Bahrain trip. On leaving Larnaca, I was given a stern lecture on the history of the "Occupied Territories".

Having read a few horror stories on various Facebook forums, after booking with easyJet, I posted a query, detailing my circumstances, and was warned of the treatment I'd receive on departure, and assured that I would not be allowed entry if I tried to use my return flight. So, being the cautious type, I then booked one-way Edinburgh-Istanbul-Ercan flights with Turkish Airlines.

Of course, when I presented myself at Paphos Passport Control, on the 14th September, I was given my Passport & Boarding Pass back, less than 30 seconds after handing them over, and not a word was said. I decided not to chance my luck, by asking whether I'd be allowed back in, and carried on my way. There was no "Banned for Life" stamp added to my Passport!

HH

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Keithcaley wrote:
Wed 28 Sep 2022 4:23 pm
Panchocat wrote:
Wed 28 Sep 2022 3:30 pm

My Hubby had the same experience - they let him fly out from Larnaca, but told him that he wouldn't be allowed to fly in or out of ROC for 'A Year and a Month' - although he wasn't given any official notice, it was all verbal.

He just uses Ercan now, but he's annoyed because he's got a huge credit note with BA, so he'll probably face the prats in the South when his period expires in order to use his credit!

It hasn't stopped him from crossing the Green Line though - he pops back and forth at will, half the time they don't even check his documents, so how on Earth they think they're keeping track of anyone, I just don't know.
Kieth
BA fly into Istanbul use his credits with BA that way dont give the racists the satisfaction

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Kieth
BA fly into Istanbul use his credits with BA that way dont give the racists the satisfaction
Thanks wanderer, that's a good idea!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”