Probable new Residency Regulations BRS email.

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Probable new Residency Regulations BRS email.

•   Message 51 of 99 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

In defence of the BRS they were an organisation which was set up to help British ex pats but as numbers grew and more rules were in grey areas like the gentleman's agreement which lots of people wanted as law, this could never happen! And people concerned about medical care, the amount of money one required etc the spotlight was firmly on the interior ministry to put things into law. How different it would of been if we were all entitled to stay here and receive free medical care!!! As a legal worker and most of the committee over retirement age all they could of ever advised was procedure not the actual requirements. We all should know by now one can only advise this is what I did as it depends on who you see on the day. Several customers are members and I know how much time and dedication the BRS have shown to helping them achieve their goal. Yes it's a shame sleeping dogs couldn't be left to lie but I expect so many wanted it confirmed, an impossibility so if ever the spotlight fell on them they could say the BRS said we didn't have to do it instead of taking responsibility of their own actions. At that time the BRS just advised the law at the time..

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 52 of 99 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Fair points snd 1966.

However; times have moved on and I really would like to see the BRS work much more closely alongside all ex pat organisations. Right or wrongly the perception is of an organisation full of their own self importance.

Hiding information which is useful and applicable for all ex pats, in a members only area seems a little odd. Much to the angst of the BRS their members do share with others. I know it’s a voluntary organisation but does not excuse inaccurate or out of date information being circulated.

I am sure members of the BRS have found them a useful source of information and also a great social outlet, which is why they joined. There are also BRS members who are frustrated and haven’t had the support or help they expected.

I am not a BRS member but have had contact with them over the years. Unfortunately the responses received didn’t encourage me to think about joining. In my opinion if you make a mistake, you apologise and look to ensure it doesn’t happen again. I wish the BRS well and hope they acknowledge some posts on this and other forums highlighting genuine concerns.

Fortunately information on other ex pat forums concerning supposed residency rule changes has helped to reduce the concerns that many were feeling.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 99 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

The attitude of other forums appears to be delight and triumph that the BRS may have been wrong with this post. In fact at one forum meeting I was at recently the attitudes shown by certain members could only be described as hatred of the BRS. Having been at this meeting it is a statement I don’t make lightly. I’m afraid to say that this seems to be the way when forums and committees are formed. It happens in the Uk and I’m sure in many other countries. Try to serve on a parish council in the UK if you don’t believe me.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

It's clearly trnc attempting to control the population and restrict residency to more wealthy people . Happens in many countries . The hurdles are still much lower than the likes of Greek Cyprus . Nobody is helping trnc historically UK failed as guarantor powers so you can't blame the trnc government for doing what's best for them . That's the way they will see it. It's not like UK government is helping trnc in any ways .

It's the same as many EU countries now for UK expats having to meet much higher residency thresholds . UK is a falling power and it's expats are not as wealthy as they once where . I'm not sure the argument that folk have contributed to the economy when from what I can see no UK expats pays income tax here as there seems an unwritten agreement to allow this . Dining out in historically cheap restaurants and paying a cleaner a fraction of the UK price is hardly a claim to residency . There will probably end up being a dispensation for UK residence anyway like last time and it might all be aimed at the other countries moving her .

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 55 of 99 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

cambridge wrote:
Sun 16 Oct 2022 12:30 pm
The attitude of other forums appears to be delight and triumph that the BRS may have been wrong with this post. In fact at one forum meeting I was at recently the attitudes shown by certain members could only be described as hatred of the BRS. Having been at this meeting it is a statement I don’t make lightly. I’m afraid to say that this seems to be the way when forums and committees are formed. It happens in the Uk and I’m sure in many other countries. Try to serve on a parish council in the UK if you don’t believe me.
I cannot confirm or deny the attitude of other forums.

However; over the last 10 years we have seen how some actions and information put out by the BRS impacts all ex pats, not just British. There is no doubt they have form in creating concern or worry by putting out incorrect information or actions plus taking credit when they were not entitled. This happened when the residency rules were changed, during the covid pandemic and now with this latest announcement. That for me is the problem.

Therefore; whilst it’s wrong, I can understand why those on other forums show their disdain for the BRS. The BRS must understand that what they do or say impacts all ex pats, so they should exercise extreme caution when issuing information ensuring it is correct and accurate. It really would help if they worked alongside other organisations as well as the TRNC authorities. Much of the antagonism is borne out of frustration.

If the BRS got rid of the perception of self importance, work with others, be more honest and open, accept constructive criticism, understand there actions affect all ex pats and apologise for errors it would go a long way.

The BRS does have a place but let’s not pretend they represent all British ex pats. Similarly I don’t expect everyone to agree with my thoughts about the BRS, so I will now just read what others have to say.

Finally, I have served on a parish council in the U.K. so do understand.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 99 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Reyntj wrote:
Sun 16 Oct 2022 12:39 pm
Dining out in historically cheap restaurants and paying a cleaner a fraction of the UK price is hardly a claim to residency.
I don't subscribe to the "they wouldn't survive without us" attitude many expats have however having lived here for 15 years and still being under 60, it is a little more than that. Buying and furnishing a property plus additions and modifications over the years, purchasing and maintaining vehicles (4 so far), importing a car with associated costs, etc, etc, etc.

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 99 in Discussion

Post by buddy »

JoandJelly wrote:
Mon 17 Oct 2022 10:16 am
Reyntj wrote:
Dining out in historically cheap restaurants and paying a cleaner a fraction of the UK price is hardly a claim to residency.
I don't subscribe to the "they wouldn't survive without us" attitude many expats have however having lived here for 15 years and still being under 60, it is a little more than that. Buying and furnishing a property plus additions and modifications over the years, purchasing and maintaining vehicles (4 so far), importing a car with associated costs, etc, etc, etc.
And not sure why you think we are exempt from tax .It is automatically debited from bank interest on monies held.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 99 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Reyntj, on the subject of Income Tax - can you explain what the income tax paid by citizens here actually goes towards please? I already pay income tax at source on all my income from the UK. The benefits I receive from paying this income tax is simple, I don't live there and have not lived there for many years!

I do however live here in the TRNC, which appears to operate under the same system as Turkey regarding income tax and "double taxation" agreements - this despite the fact that to the UK the TRNC does not exist, yet if you speak to the tax man at UK.Gov you will find that it does exist for income tax purposes only! Strange but true that the old saying of "Death and Taxes" being the only two things you can't avoid.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 99 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

waddo, I'm with you on still paying tax at source in UK in that we pay for roads I don't drive on, NHS which is a disaster and couldn't use as we were kicked out after 15 years here, schools which I don't use, nor do any of my family, a police force which we don't use, MP's which don't represent me, illegal immigrants which are of little benefit and certainly not us us, prisons which don't seem to have the desired effect, millions of pounds which I and others pay for and are sent to countries, many of which don't need the money. The list could go on and which I contribute to. And I pay interest on money invested here, but heaven only know where it goes, but I could make a reasonable guess.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 99 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 12 Oct 2022 10:11 am
I have just read and reread the above from the BRS and will re read again later on when I stop feeling nauseous. I know the BRS are going to meet up with the Government to obtain some clarification asap and hopefully they will. If I've read and understood the financial implications correctly then many (mostly elderly) expats are, as the BRS say, going to be extremely concerned.
Oh no, the last time the BRS sought clarification from the authorities they went on to abolish the over 60s exemption for residency. Best they just keep out of it or they might raise it to six times the minimum wage.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Waddo your question is ridiculous . Who do you think pays for the police hospitals state schools ?Perhaps you can explain how you paying tax in the UK benefits the trnc and merits residency here?

If you don't like the system here and are not a citizen you have the choice to leave ...all these so called low income residents pay very little tax in the UK as there is £12700 tax free allowance and its not relevant anyway...

I'm not trying to open the can of worms about taxation perse ...but these low income residents seem to claim they are the goose that laid the golden egg ...but they are not and are simply residents in a small country who is now seeking to attract more affluent residents as the population is becoming to big for the infrastructure .

Despite the claims of poverty many Turkish Cypriot are wealthy with land property and government jobs .very few work on the minimum wage that's mostly mainland Turks and now Africans. One of my friends is the cleaning manager of a well known hotel and all the cleaning staff earn 12000 tl and are mostly African+accomodation+meals ...
Last edited by Reyntj on Mon 17 Oct 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Most government workers are on 15000 - 20000 tl minimum that's a fact and the tax threshold is much lower than the UK...where do you think all that tax goes waddo your question is very foolish. Yes there is a short fall and money comes from turkey ...but trnc gets nothing from the UK ....and any taxes people pay there .. not suggesting people should pay tax here just that they should reign it in when they claim they are owed something by the trnc because they lived here cheap for ten years... This is just my perspective.

There are not many countries that allow residents to stay on low incomes ..Greek Cyprus starts at 30000 euro plus 5000 euro per dependant ....take a reality check...historically it has been possible to live here at a higher standing of living than the UK .that gravy train may well be over .

If you had worked in any country for a long time and made a contribution I can understand that argument but dining out on the cheap for years in a country with lower wages than the UK accrues no moral obligation in my opinion .

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 99 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Reyntj. Sorry, my question has been taken the wrong way. I asked where the income tax of a citizen goes not because I wanted to prove anything but because of a genuine interest in the workings of the country. If I could become a citizen (I have no desire to have a vote on local or National elections) or even just get permanent residency I would be happy to pay income tax in the country I live - and that as well as already having my income taxed at source! Some 25 years ago I took a reality check - I moved here because I could afford a better and safer standard of living than other countries I had looked at. I even thought I would be able to assist people here but the "Closed Shop" put an end to that I am afraid, so now I do what I can and don't advertise it - safer that way.

I am not complaining or saying I am a goose at all. All my income (taxed at source) is spent in this country, of course like many citizens I also spend some of it in the RoC, but very little compared with what I spend here. My UK tax does not benefit the TRNC one bit, the UK have done nothing to help this Island or it's people and never will, another reason I left there.

Remember I am not complaining! However, here is a situation for you - Because I rent a property here I am classed as a "High Earner" anyway and to be allowed to stay I have to prove I have more income than a property owner - that is a ridiculous situation, as I have proven and solid Government Pensions that I spend here, yet a property owner can buy, rent out and in the end sell at a profit and take their money away from the Island. I started here by leasing a plot of Turkish Cypriot land, I could have bought it but did not want to take it away from TC ownership. Then the Government added a tax on leasehold which I paid, fair enough, but having paid up front for 50 years of lease I would still be classed as a "High Earner" and not an owner, madness. Because I rent I can't even get Permanent Residency here either and have to fight the system every year just to stay - why? Because it is the law and if I don't like it I can leave is always the answer. My neighbor left here when he was 17 and came back from the UK aged 68 with all the money he made there, he is now not only a Cypriot but also an EU citizen and loves it here - I don't complain to him but he like many others can't understand why I and others are treated this way, can you?

End of coffee shop moans and groans from me, I will stay as long as I am permitted to and continue to spend my money here - wish I had savings so I could afford one of the many brand new SUV's that the poor people seem to be able to get but such is life lol. Take care out there.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Oh Haircut. The BRS will have you hauled over the coals for going against an e mail they sent last year about not sharing information given by them with non-members! Tut tut! ;-)

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Sorry waddo I had misunderstood your question . I'm not an expert on the trnc taxation system so I dont know why you would ask me that question .

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 99 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Panchocat wrote:
Mon 17 Oct 2022 4:39 pm
Oh Haircut. The BRS will have you hauled over the coals for going against an e mail they sent last year about not sharing information given by them with non-members! Tut tut! ;-)
(:Q) (:Q) (:Q) (8))

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Panchocat wrote:
Mon 17 Oct 2022 4:39 pm
I was told on the 12th of October at about 9 pm, face to face by the Chairman of the BRS, Julian Mawdsley that the contents of the email had been implemented and that two people had already been refused.

I don't think I can say fairer than that.

We both were at an event at the Levant in Karmi..

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 68 of 99 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Maybe they should have told immigration as well then because you still can not apply earlier than 21 days before residency expiry - the on line process will not allow it???

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 99 in Discussion

Post by buddy »

HairCut

Elaborate some more what reason did this Julian Mawdesley actually give for these two persons being refused residency.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Hair Cut.
The e mail sent last year stated that BRS e mails were only for members eyes..........
Is everyone on this forum a BRS member.......
Last edited by Panchocat on Wed 19 Oct 2022 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 71 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

(:Z)

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 72 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

buddy wrote:
Wed 19 Oct 2022 5:18 pm
HairCut

Elaborate some more what reason did this Julian Mawdesley actually give for these two persons being refused residency.
Yes, the lack of enough income...

buddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 73 of 99 in Discussion

Post by buddy »

Hair Cut wrote:
Thu 20 Oct 2022 6:35 am
buddy wrote:
HairCut

I take it he was referring to the new income level as discussed .

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 74 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

buddy wrote:
Thu 20 Oct 2022 6:57 am
Hair Cut wrote:
Thu 20 Oct 2022 6:35 am
buddy wrote:
HairCut

I take it he was referring to the new income level as discussed .
Yes, he was discussing what was in the email that his Committee had sent out the day before....

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 75 of 99 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
It's clearly trnc attempting to control the population and restrict residency to more wealthy people . Happens in many countries . The hurdles are still much lower than the likes of Greek Cyprus . Nobody is helping trnc historically UK failed as guarantor powers so you can't blame the trnc government for doing what's best for them . That's the way they will see it. It's not like UK government is helping trnc in any ways .

It's the same as many EU countries now for UK expats having to meet much higher residency thresholds . UK is a falling power and it's expats are not as wealthy as they once where . I'm not sure the argument that folk have contributed to the economy when from what I can see no UK expats pays income tax here as there seems an unwritten agreement to allow this . Dining out in historically cheap restaurants and paying a cleaner a fraction of the UK price is hardly a claim to residency . There will probably end up being a dispensation for UK residence anyway like last time and it might all be aimed at the other countries moving her .
Sure many ex pats might not pay income tax but they pay plenty of other taxes which swills around the economy as does their spending power. They use the airport as do their visitors who come to visit & spend their money here. Sure TRNC is cheap compared with many other countries & could put their prices up so to speak but there is a major problem with that. If you are a hamburger restaurant & start charging Michelin star prices because others get away with it then don’t be surprised if people think I might as well go and eat in that Michelin star restaurant & stop frequenting your restaurant. It’s like super taxing the 1%, it never works and you raise less. All I see is more & more building & houses & apartments put up for prices they will never reach. Unless they make a massive investment into the infrastructure here & totally change their mind set they are never going to change this place into a Monaco. As my old Nan used to say you can only sh1t with the arse you have got.
To use poker language it seems after the bad beat of covid they have gone on tilt

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 76 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

It's not about rising the prices and charging people more it's about raising the threshold of income for residents to attract more wealthier expats if you are a couple with only a limited income there is only so much you can contribute its as simple as that and at the moment there seems to be an influx of people clearly that can change but going on about Michelin stars and hamburgers has no relevance to the situation.

It's this limited spending power that is not being accepted. Sure there are citizens and hotel workers on lower incomes but that's not a relevant argument expats don't fulfil the same role as them as the cheap labour serves a purpose in comparison .

Your also wrong about the properties as well . They are selling like hot cakes in iskele for ever increasing prices. One developer i know reserved 500 units in August alone ...I know a contractor and they are under tremendous pressure as they are selling the apartments faster than they can build them . I'm sure this situation may well be part of the reason behind this move in tightening on the residency . In kyrenia also rents have just shot up in the last month or two and there is very limited supply 1 beds are now £400 plus and upwards...

You need a lot more than £1500 per month to live in Monaco ...again nonsense talk ...
€500000 deposit in a Monaco bank plus 12 monty rental contract studio starts at ,€2000 per month....but yes thanks for highlighting actually how low the residency thresholds actually are.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 77 of 99 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Thu 20 Oct 2022 8:21 pm
It's not about rising the prices and charging people more it's about raising the threshold of income for residents to attract more wealthier expats if you are a couple with only a limited income there is only so much you can contribute its as simple as that and at the moment there seems to be an influx of people clearly that can change but going on about Michelin stars and hamburgers has no relevance to the situation.
You ever wonder why airplanes have economy? Why not just have First Class, they’ll make a lot more money?
So by your rationale if Starling double their prices for the same products they’ll attract a richer customer & earn more money? Good luck with that
Reyntj wrote:

Your also wrong about the properties as well . They are selling like hot cakes in iskele for ever increasing prices. One developer i know reserved 500 units in August alone ...I know a contractor and they are under tremendous pressure as they are selling the apartments faster than they can build them . I'm sure this situation may well be part of the reason behind this move in tightening on the residency . In kyrenia also rents have just shot up in the last month or two and there is very limited supply 1 beds are now £400 plus and upwards...
Where I previously lived they built 30-40 apartments. Two years after completion the same 5 are occupied. You see properties that have been up for sale for years. This is not a booming property market with unmet demand. Also when people spend half a million on properties they tend to be fussy, want damp proofing, foundations that are more than 5 inches deep that kind of thing.
Reyntj wrote:

You need a lot more than £1500 per month to live in Monaco ...again nonsense talk ...
€500000 deposit in a Monaco bank plus 12 monty rental contract studio starts at ,€2000 per month....but yes thanks for highlighting actually how low the residency thresholds actually are.
Obviously another point that went straight over your head. What will happen here is they will drive out what they have & then when the expected influx of oligarchs don’t come they will try and lure them back. Good luck with that.

TRNC are a Primark you don’t stop being a Primark by changing the name on the door & putting the prices up.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 78 of 99 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Other forums report long term renters will only get 30 days on arrival and have to apply for residency. Ensuring of course they have the appropriate funds.

A member representing another expat organisation has been to the interior ministry and confirmed no change to residency permit requirements for property owners.

There is no doubt that the BRS email to its members (Which was of course quickly circulated or communicated to others) hasn’t been at all helpful, despite what they may say.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 79 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Ets I know your history you go from 1 losing argument to another so I wont continue to answer your repetitive nonsense goodbye . I've said enough here as this is clearly distressing for those involved and I was just offering a perspective on why it was happening . UK expats are now in the minority in the incoming new residents they have a massive back log of residency applications of people who do meet the criteria ...none likely oligarchs...
Population is going up not down...

Ossie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 80 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Ossie »

As I said in my message no. 22, what happens to those of us on small incomes (sufficient under the "old" rules), with deposits in TC banks also previously sufficient, who have been here for many years but are renters? Also with no home to go to in UK, At the age of 78, I am desperately worried, probably like those of you in similar circumstances.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 81 of 99 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Ossie wrote:
Fri 21 Oct 2022 10:24 am
As I said in my message no. 22, what happens to those of us on small incomes (sufficient under the "old" rules), with deposits in TC banks also previously sufficient, who have been here for many years but are renters? Also with no home to go to in UK, At the age of 78, I am desperately worried, probably like those of you in similar circumstances.
Just to highlight the two points you make,if renters are to be somehow excluded then that income is lost to their property owners, and they collectively withdraw savings from the banks , it's going to leave another black hole in the economy!

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 82 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Unfortunately in central kyrenia and iskele rents are rocketing and from what I can see unprecedented demand . I was in an agent yesterday a big agent in kyrenia they don't have any home to rent ...this is my point really and I appreciate it's a very distressing and difficult situation. I've also just spoken to a turk.who works with Iranians he's just told me many many more are coming next year ..he says it's going to be problematic.

Maybe consider moving to turkey to an area of lower rents and I understand lower residency level. Clearly not what will be wanted to hear but you have to start thinking of practical options if this is really the reality with no work around or exemption. As 1 door closes another can open .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 83 of 99 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 21 Oct 2022 7:37 am
Ets I know your history you go from 1 losing argument to another so I wont continue to answer your repetitive nonsense goodbye . I've said enough here as this is clearly distressing for those involved and I was just offering a perspective on why it was happening . UK expats are now in the minority in the incoming new residents they have a massive back log of residency applications of people who do meet the criteria ...none likely oligarchs...
Population is going up not down...
No it’s the same argument.
If we look at TRNC as a business no sensible business decides to lose their existing customers to make room for new customers. Sensible ones try to add the new upgraded customers to what they already have. Eg that’s why airplanes have an economy class and not all first or club.
What TRNC is doing is the classic mistake many property owners do on a bigger scale. They extend & upgrade the life out of their home in Peckham & wonder why it won’t fetch a million like places in Wimbledon do.
If people have a million they don’t even look at Peckham

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 84 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

When the planes full I think you will find the €49 euro prices stop. Simple business. Asking people to prove they have £1500 per month to live or whatever the amount is hardly first class your talking rubbish it's economy . Trnc like an aeroplane has limited capacity there arent large discount seats any more stop referring to first class monaco etc it's nonsense talk. They are asking people to provide a reasonable amount to live here nothing to do with being minted or oligarchs your talking nonsense and repeating it distorting the reality with daft analogies do not reply to me any more you do it on every thread . I think you will find a house in Peckham is £1 million...you seem to be living in the past as your nanny said you come up with the same "ooops" out your arse ...on every thread..

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 85 of 99 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 21 Oct 2022 2:35 pm
When the planes full I think you will find the €49 euro prices stop. Simple business. Asking people to prove they have £1500 per month to live or whatever the amount is hardly first class your talking rubbish it's economy . Trnc like an aeroplane has limited capacity there arent large discount seats any more stop referring to first class monaco etc it's nonsense talk. They are asking people to provide a reasonable amount to live here nothing to do with being minted or oligarchs your talking nonsense and repeating it distorting the reality with daft analogies do not reply to me any more you do it on every thread . I think you will find a house in Peckham is £1 million...you seem to be living in the past as your nanny said you come up with the same "ooops" out your arse ...on every thread..
So TRNC is full or nearly full? That’s very interesting because many have it that the U.K. has plenty of room for more people. To have the same amount of people per square KM as the U.K. that must mean the TRNC population is 862,000. So if it is full or nearly full which they IK isn’t then it must be in excess of that. I know there is different opinions as to the actual TRNC population, so yours is what? A million?

I’ve no idea what the current house prices in Peckham are but I do know it’s a lot less desirable a location than Wimbledon.

Didn’t have a Nanny I’m afraid I was bought up in the real world

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 86 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Exactly Like I said you do this on every thread going from one losing argument to another digressing from the main subject and just talking nonsense making the thread unreadable . Do not reply to my posts you are a troll.

Can kibkom bring in a filter button so one has the choice to filter out certain posters they do it on other forums to avoid endless half wit arguments which ruin threads?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 87 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Reyntj wrote:
Sat 22 Oct 2022 5:57 am
Can kibkom bring in a filter button so one has the choice to filter out certain posters they do it on other forums to avoid endless half wit arguments which ruin threads?
Click on the poster’s name to view their profile.

Then click on “Add foe”.

This should hide that person’s contributions.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 88 of 99 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Sat 22 Oct 2022 5:57 am
Exactly Like I said you do this on every thread going from one losing argument to another digressing from the main subject and just talking nonsense making the thread unreadable . Do not reply to my posts you are a troll.

You have bought up that suddenly TRNC has turned or is going to turn into a property hotspot, I’m simply pointing out that it isn’t. It’s ok the penny has dropped, you’re obviously a builder or an estate agent right? Definitely in the game in some capacity 😀
“It’ll be worth a million within 18 months, Iranians are coming over in their droves. Deeds? Oh don’t worry about those they aren’t important out here. That space in front of your sea view? Oh it’ll be illegal for anyone to build an even higher development there. Etc etc”

Sorry if you’re upset the patter doesn’t work, but I live here.
Still if mugs fall for it good luck to you
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Sun 23 Oct 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 89 of 99 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Read Front Page on line

CyprusScene.com
18th October to 25th October 2022 / Year 6 / Issue 242 FREE to read or download

All about the Residency
Make interesting reading !!!!!
Last edited by poppy++1 on Sun 23 Oct 2022 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 90 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Thnx mogwli filtered

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 91 of 99 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

A number of posts from different contributors have taken this thread off topic.

Please can we look to remain on the important topic of “Possible new Residency Regulations”.

Further off topic posts will now be deleted.

Thanks.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 92 of 99 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 93 of 99 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I still believe that to avoid confusion and worry the BRS should have sought clarification before sending out the original notification.

However; the BRS have now clarified the reason for the changes and they should be thanked for doing so.

I can also understand why the TRNC authorities tightened things up in this area.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 94 of 99 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Wed 26 Oct 2022 5:24 pm

I can also understand why the TRNC authorities tightened things up in this area.
The loophole for student phone registrations discount will be next.
libens volens potens

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 95 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

The only thing I have seen clarification on is about bank statements, I have seen nothing about all of the other items listed in BRS,s original posting, or have I missed something?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 96 of 99 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I haven't had the courage to read the latest information yet!!!

Thanks for bringing my original post back in line.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 97 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

They love to mix it up,BRS dilligaf

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 98 of 99 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Got my 2 years - high income - residency on Tuesday - sneaked in under the wire or somebody loves me or nobody knows what is happening anyway! Altogether from start to finish was only 73 days, not bad for an on-line system - lol.

I always look forward to the BRS doing things apart from organizing parties, booze ups and trips - just keeps people thinking about what MIGHT happen instead of what is happening - lol. Clocks go back on Saturday - or maybe not???

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 99 of 99 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

😂😂🤞

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”