Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Shipping

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Hi all,

I sent some shipping from north Cyprus to England. It got collected at the back end of July. Nothing too major. A few pictures, some ornaments, clothes and a few keepsakes. The company, Olytrans said that I would receive it at the end of august, however, I have still not received it. Is this normal? I have paid £700 for the privilege too.

We have obviously contacted them but have been given stories of illness, delayed container shipping, customs etc.

Was just wondering what other peoples experience of shipping is. How long does it take? Do you think I can expect it by Christmas at least?

TIA

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Shipping

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

We moved back to UK in August, our boxes (11 of them, plus large mirror) were collected by KMR on July 7th, they were delivered to our new home in Dorset on September 27th. There was a hold up with customs releasing the container but KMR informed us of that, it added about two weeks to our waiting time, the cost from Karsiyaka to Poole was £560 in total. I would certainly advise you to contact Olaytrans again.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Still haven’t got our stuff. Our shipping is now in the UK with a company called greens removal and shipping. Apparently they are waiting for a delivery date. Their communication is very hit and miss. It’s all kind of pointless now anyway as we’ve had to buy new bedding, towels etc as we couldn’t wait any longer.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

That’s really unlike Olay always been good. It seems at the moment everything is hit and miss

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Just had word it’s arriving on the 12th :x))

That will make it around a wait of 5 months. ((W\))

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

It finally arrived today. In fairness, from what I’ve unpacked so far, no damages of yet.

On the plus side of it taking so long, the few bottles of etel wine that I packed are now vintage :lol:

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”