General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

munchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

ATM Machine problem

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by munchy »

The ATM Machine outside the TURK BANK Branch Alsancak failed to pay out the requested monies today. The amount was deducted from the Bank ACCOUNT. The Staff inside the Branch said ; You must contact your own Bank so that they can make a claim for refund!! Has anyone else gone through this procedure, if so , how long does it take to get it sorted?

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ATM Machine problem

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Believe it or not it might correct itself so give it 24hrs and if there is no correction to your account then you obviously must act to redeem your funds. Every fragment of information is important particularly the ATM records so I hope you impressed this fact on the bank staff.

munchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by munchy »

Thank you for the reply techtrader.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Same happened to me two years ago, same branch. I had to be really quite firm with them as they were very laid back and showed lack of concern. As munchy said, make sure you get as much information as you can, about the branch and ATM registration number. Then of course as techtrader says, it could very well have righted itself next week.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 09 Dec 2022 8:42 pm
... I had to be really quite firm with them as they were very laid back and showed lack of concern....

They would be...

It's not THEIR money! :) :) :)

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Had same Turkbank ATM near Erdener. Contacted Revlout actioned claim. Received money back after about 8 weeks
Revlout kept me Informed throughout

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by gates »

It always shows up after a few days as declined and money put back in your account don’t worry

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

A lot of people don't know about the Revolut 'Charge Back' system, I used it to prompt a refund from Czech company who cancelled my order for a car part they could no longer supply but then 'dragged their heels' when it came to a refund. It's all on-line and is relatively simple to initiate.

2touch
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by 2touch »

munchy wrote:
Fri 09 Dec 2022 5:34 pm
The ATM Machine outside the TURK BANK Branch Alsancak failed to pay out the requested monies today. The amount was deducted from the Bank ACCOUNT. The Staff inside the Branch said ; You must contact your own Bank so that they can make a claim for refund!! Has anyone else gone through this procedure, if so , how long does it take to get it sorted?
Yes it’s correct to dispute it with your bank. How long it takes to resolve the dispute depends on a number of factors including the amount in question and how efficient your bank and the ATM provider is.

If it’s a small amount, your bank may just pay you the money quickly as it’s not worth their while to check with the ATM operator. This assumes that you haven’t made a similar claim before and that the bank considers you to be a trustworthy customer. If it’s a larger amount your bank will contact the ATM operator and this can take time (especially if it’s cross border between countries).

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”