General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

DWP uk life certificate

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Has anyone had this life certificate if so did you have someone help you,I would like some information on filling it in.
Thankyou

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: DWP uk life certificate

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Yes we have had several. What is your difficulty with filling it in?

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Laura B wrote:
Thu 22 Dec 2022 12:14 pm
Yes we have had several. What is your difficulty with filling it in?
I don't have a return envelope ,and on the first page at the top there is a box with 5 lines what do I put in this.they told me they had sent a form previously but I never received it,I have not received my pension for 6 months and they seem to make it more difficult to return the documents,have I made a mistake by giving them the Turkish address

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I have spent 2 hours trying to get an agent but I end up hanging up

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

You need to start filling in where it says on the form ''about you''. Ignore anything else. Then you sign the declaration under that but your signature needs to be witnessed by a ''professional'' who knows you. We have had our noter do it for us but also our chemist. Really anyone with an official stamp. The address to return it to is on the top of the form. If you have difficulty with that I will give it to you. A stamped returns envelope is no use here as you need to put a stamp on the envelope here. And yes, give your correct address here.

I have never received one of these by post. I keep an eye on pensions being received and call them as soon as one payment is missed. If you try to call at about two minutes to 10am in the morning you should get straight in first as they start at 8am in the UK. I always use Skype with a bit of credit on there as it is very cheap.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Thankyou Laura, that's a help
Also at the top above about me it says room number and NI number do I fill that in.?

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

What a shame you said you living here 😜

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

You're welcome Hh. Yes I should just put in your NI number as I don't think there is anywhere else for that to go.

Do you have the address to send it?

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Also I have found that by phoning them they re-instate your pension immediately with the proviso that if they don't receive the form then it will be stopped again but there is at least three months to get it back to them.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Some people never receive this forms, and some of us do every two years and they are very easy to do. I always run out of time, but once I've explained to Pensions Department about the terrible postage here, they are very understanding and reinstate both myself and the other half almost immediately. In my case I ask almost any professional to witness and stamp my signature. My bank charged me nothing and Dr tried to charge 400tl so ask first.!!! Have your NI number and their reference to hand if you need to ring, and all should be a doddle.

One of these days I feel like ringing them up to tell them that I have fallen off my perch, they probably won't bat an eyelid, but just ask to see a Death Certificate so they can claw back any pension they have overpaid.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 22 Dec 2022 2:20 pm
Some people never receive this forms, and some of us do every two years and they are very easy to do. I always run out of time, but once I've explained to Pensions Department about the terrible postage here, they are very understanding and reinstate both myself and the other half almost immediately. In my case I ask almost any professional to witness and stamp my signature. My bank charged me nothing and Dr tried to charge 400tl so ask first.!!! Have your NI number and their reference to hand if you need to ring, and all should be a doddle.

One of these days I feel like ringing them up to tell them that I have fallen off my perch, they probably won't bat an eyelid, but just ask to see a Death Certificate so they can claw back any pension they have overpaid.
I only noticed yesterday that my pension has not been paid into my bank for 6 months.

gates

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Fill it in then give it to someone who can post in south. Or walk over to the post office and send off there in 4 days

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

There is not much wrong with the postal service FROM here. It will be delayed in the UK because of the strikes right now. As I said above you have three months to get it to them at least so no worries.

gates

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

4 weeks from here 4 days south

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Not noticing for 6 months that your pension hadn't been paid into your account! You are the lucky one.

Ossie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Ossie »

I did not receive my pension in July. I phoned DWP, took ages to be answered. Very helpful lady, said they sent a LIFE CERTIFICATE to me in April. I had not received it. She reinstated my pension which was paid about 5 days later. Also said they had sent another form and emailed a copy. - didn't receive either!

No pension paid this month. I rang DPW again - waited 15mins. Again she said they sent me another letter in November = not received. Again said they would reinstate my pension for 3 months and would email me a Life Certificate form.

HURRAH! Emailed form came 2 hours later!!!!

Big problem now, is getting it back to UK. It cannot be emailed back completed. Three sets of friends I trusted have all recently returned to UK! I am now considering DHL if they still have an agent here.

Good luck to all. I know how worrying this situation is.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Ossie wrote:
Fri 23 Dec 2022 10:20 am
I did not receive my pension in July. I phoned DWP, took ages to be answered. Very helpful lady, said they sent a LIFE CERTIFICATE to me in April. I had not received it. She reinstated my pension which was paid about 5 days later. Also said they had sent another form and emailed a copy. - didn't receive either!

No pension paid this month. I rang DPW again - waited 15mins. Again she said they sent me another letter in November = not received. Again said they would reinstate my pension for 3 months and would email me a Life Certificate form.

HURRAH! Emailed form came 2 hours later!!!!

Big problem now, is getting it back to UK. It cannot be emailed back completed. Three sets of friends I trusted have all recently returned to UK! I am now considering DHL if they still have an agent here.

Good luck to all. I know how worrying this situation is.
This is the problem I can't get back these people play with our lives,I never received the letters they say they sent to me so they emailed the certificate to me but I cannot email it back,I think they hope the stress will kill us, government orders

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Hammerhead, I know its very frustrating but its the fact we live here not back in UK and in any case you can now blame the Postal Workers plus the rats and mice that appear to be attacking the thousands of sacks stored in warehouses. When I went through this a few months ago I had to be passed around to three people until I got someone whose accent I could understand. They must all have been working from home as between them I heard a TV, a dog barking and children chattering. Once I got through properly it was very easy but they were just fine in the end, and said not to worry as I was just one of thousands around the world. The wording in their letters is more threatening that in reality. BTW my letters and forms had been tendered out to a Dutch company and it looked as if it had been hanging around there for at least a week or more.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Regarding these forms, since they appeared to not have received mine earlier this year as they sent a second one, I rang them.
Much easier even though having to wait for a while to get an answer. Eventually a very pleasant lady admitted they get this happening all the time and had in fact received my original one = witnessed by the way by a Notary. It had taken two months to get to them and had crossed with them sending out a second one. SO...... ring them!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”