General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Catalkoy Water Bills

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Anyone else in the area received their water bill with an extra little bit on it - EK Hlzmet Bedeli - which is an Extra Service Charge? Surprised to find I have been billed 510TL for this unknown service? Maybe it’s a charge for shifting the garden rubbish from a bit of land near my house or just a contribution towards repairs to a burst water pipe near me caused by cement mixers - just interested before I wander down and ask them!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Catalkoy Water Bills

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Yes its garden rubbish removal, we had same on a bill for a property we take care of.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I went and asked so I'll save you the trip

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

forestpixie, many thanks. The look like they will make a good fortune out of this with everybody paying the same amount per house!!! Just wonder why I had to pay 50TL in June and August as well - lol. New Mayor needs a new Merc I guess. Just hope that everybody up at Esentepe gets the same treatment - dream on......

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Lapta now charging 500tl !!!!
Was max 200tl.
Nothing for the two locals across the road.
Thats inflation.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

waddo wrote:
Thu 29 Dec 2022 11:59 am
forestpixie, many thanks. The look like they will make a good fortune out of this with everybody paying the same amount per house!!! Just wonder why I had to pay 50TL in June and August as well - lol. New Mayor needs a new Merc I guess. Just hope that everybody up at Esentepe gets the same treatment - dream on......
It's possible, he could of course just get the dolmuş 🤣

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Rubbish removal, gardens produce cuttings/trimmings
We moan about dumping, we moan about paying for it to be removed. Catalkoy has the cheapest water bills for non usage of water.
Personally I rather rubbish disposed of properly and appreciate it being collected on a regular basis.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Not complaining about the cost at all, provided that everyone who dumps their garden rubbish is also charged for it then I am very happy with the fee. Is it an annual fee or are we going to find it on every water bill each month from now on is my only question - everybody has to budget their bills these days!

As for cheap water bills for non usage of water, my water bills in the summer are always very low as we don't get very much due to it being switched off for three days at a time!

What is annoying is the sudden rise in builders rubbish being dumped on every bit of unused ground, road works repair rubbish just left for weeks on spare bits of land as well. Come see the new Bellapais village building site if you want any dumped rubbish, they have managed to cover a fair amount of what used to be forest land with old mattresses, concrete pipes, rocks, soil and general rubbish that they say they will clear away when the houses are sold - now where have I heard that before????

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I believe 10tl is charged monthly on catalkoy bills for rubbish. Unfortunately a lot of areas have a dumping site instead of putting it outside their house hence why I believe the billing seems so haphazard. Bellapais village itself is a prime example of where to stack it so it's not included on other people's bills

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

The signs for Bellapais Village point you up towards the mountains past the donkey/picknik area - which now looks more like a fairground - just turn left or right - depending if you come from Ozankoy or Catalkoy - drive past the first pile of road works rubbish on your left then the next pile of rubbish opposite the new "Fairground" (what a tourist attraction that will be but better to walk as there will be nowhere to park) and further on up towards the mountains you will see the sign directing you to "Bellapais Village" - in fairness you can just about see Bellapais from there some 4K away!

Now you have a choice, you can turn left at the sign and drive down the mud track past the builders rubbish mountain on your left and into the site to get an idea of what will - eventually - be built there. Rumour has it that it is 13 high price villas OR 41 flats, depending who you talk to. If you don't fancy the mud track then drive on up past the sign and turn left at the T junction on the top, then first left onto the new road specifically installed to service the new "Bellapais Village" but which nobody uses apart from to ditch beer bottles and cans in the evening.

A shame really as it used to be a beautiful area and has now turned into a dumping ground for everyone - the builders have been sending trucks, yes 10 ton trucks, up to dump stuff in that area for the past year. The Beli say they have no control over it and we still await a visit from the Girne Environmental Department. Maybe next year - lol.

This is called progress I am told but what a shame that the young generation will never see what was there to start with!

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

We have been charged 800TL extra this month for rubbish removal from a piece of land opposite us. The builders rubbish is always put there by neighbours behind us so I don't know whether they pay anything or not. Our next door neighbour was charged 600TL so how they calculate the amount is anybody's guess.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

cjtill, I think you hit the nail square on the head there - how they calculate the amount - it is Anybody's guess!!! I guess it's "Pony Up" time this month and a Happy New Year to the new Mayor but next month I will go to the office and find out for sure.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

waddo wrote:
Fri 30 Dec 2022 8:12 am
cjtill, I think you hit the nail square on the head there - how they calculate the amount - it is Anybody's guess!!! I guess it's "Pony Up" time this month and a Happy New Year to the new Mayor but next month I will go to the office and find out for sure.
Yes I shall be investigating further now that I know that not everybody is paying the same.

greenvalley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by greenvalley »

We have the same thing. We seem to be the only ones who are charged for rubbish / garden rubbish tipped on waste ground opposite our house. We have just returned from England after 3 months and found a bill for 300tl under our door. We don't mind paying BUT, there are 10 houses in our street and it appears nobody else receives a bill. We are in Alsancak and have visited the office many times to ask why this is happening but come away as confused as we went in.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”