General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Pine Honey & Bee Pollen availability

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Not seen any Bee Pollen on 2 trips last year and wondered if anyone knows the best place and or time of year if still available? Kantara was the last brand i bought from both Sah and Erdener but nothing for the last year or so. Maybe the brand isn't available any more as I've not seen their Black Olive Oil anywhere last year either, though I have another brand now anyway. I was also wondering if Pine Honey is available anywhere?

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pine Honey & Bee Pollen availability

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Their honey is definitely still for sale

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Thanks dippersgirl. I do get the Kantara Comb Honey, lovely stuff. Just wanted to try the Pine Honey from Turkiye if it's available.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Girne Wednesday market have lots of different ones in the cheese stalls section at the top-end and there was a designated honey stall at the bottom- end today.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

MnM, there was a documentary on You Tube I think it was a couple of weeks ago about Turkish Pine Honey and the people who's hives they are on, they are fighting the authorities because they are cutting down thousands and thousands of Acres of Pines, hence depriving the bees of the pine pollen and them of their livelihoods. Cutting all the pines down is also having a very detrimental effect on the Turkish brown bear. The turks are dumping hundreds of thousands on tons of household waste in the country side and bears are choking on plastic and poisons etc. (hospital waste)

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Brinsley wrote:
Wed 18 Jan 2023 3:48 pm
Girne Wednesday market have lots of different ones in the cheese stalls section at the top-end and there was a designated honey stall at the bottom- end today.

That's a really good tip Brinsley - you can appear to be quite sensible sometimes, but don't overdo it! :) :) :)

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Keith, what was the best tip, the top-end or the bottom-end?!

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 18 Jan 2023 3:59 pm
MnM, there was a documentary on You Tube I think it was a couple of weeks ago about Turkish Pine Honey and the people who's hives they are on, they are fighting the authorities because they are cutting down thousands and thousands of Acres of Pines, hence depriving the bees of the pine pollen and them of their livelihoods. Cutting all the pines down is also having a very detrimental effect on the Turkish brown bear. The turks are dumping hundreds of thousands on tons of household waste in the country side and bears are choking on plastic and poisons etc. (hospital waste)
Yes i've seen that last Saturday morning but it was on BBC Breakfast. Sounds like the same report, little yellow grubs that suck the sap out of the pine trees and how the forest management are filling in the gaps in the forests so the Brown Bears can venture further afield under cover. Can't help the Brown Bears but i thought if i buy some Pine Honey it might put a little back into the community efforts and help the Bees out.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Brinsley wrote:
Wed 18 Jan 2023 6:19 pm
Keith, what was the best tip, the top-end or the bottom-end?!

Mad 'E is - Barking!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”