General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Hsbc uk

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

This bank makes my life a misery,I tried to login to internet banking and was locked out,got through to India help centre spoke with 2 Indian ladies I could barely understand on the phone for over 1 hour and both times cut off,not very good service. I have all the security answers but no joy,really bad service,I will try again monday ,my login pin and user name has not changed,has anyone else had problems with HSBC login

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hsbc uk

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

No sorry I haven't and the Indian dialect is the one aspect that has always stopped me from changing banks. I have on occasion had a slight problem with the Scottish dialect when phoning Halifax, but its ended in giggles when I was passed on to a supervisor who had a slight Welsh accent.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Have been with hsbc for over 50 years since it was midland bank. Have to say, yes they are a nightmare to deal with if anything goes wrong with Internet banking. They offer a 'chat' facility which is as much use as a chocolate teapot and you constantly get a different 'agent' or robot dealing with your issue. Most often they tell you to call a number, I have lost count of the number of times I have explained I am deaf..... makes no difference. Sadly call centres have taken over, mostly based in India, cheap. I worked for a large UK bank for years and it opened my eyes or ears to call centres. One thing I was told oddly enough is the Scottish accent is the most preferred in call centres.. really ???? I have thought of changing banks but sadly they are all the same. Last time I had an issue with logging in I had to wait to go back to UK to sort it with a human being.. .. sadly that very helpful person is gone . Along with a lot of branches and branch staff. I really feel sorry for elderly people who do not bank on line ..... back to the post office maybe

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

The thing is my login details have not changed so I will try on Monday but don't hold up much hope

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Good luck hammerhead, I guess maybe you tried to log in unsuccessfully 3 times and then automatically blocked.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Hammerhead, if you are using your KKTC mobile phone to generate a login security code, to then login to the HSBC website on your laptop, you may have the same problem that I did, which was caused by the local time on my mobile being one hour out of sync with Turkcell's time. To get around this, go into your phone settings, and select "Automatic date and time".

HH

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

No nothing has changed as far as device I use it has not been a problem before,but this time I have to change password but I put in my normal login but can't enter the site to change anything

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

All so very familiar with HSBC .I've got the tee shirt. Dreadful service the amount of times people in call centres who can hardly speak English. Whatever you tell these human robots nothing sinks in.

'I'm locked out again at present through no fault of my own. THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

Under the guise of better security you will be forced to accept dual login authentication (password plus code delivered to your mobile) and then the charge towards app only banking.

On a call to Santander last week I was asked to carry out voice verification whereby they record my voice and will only accept that voice in future communications! As I was calling to close a savings account I politely declined - but that is the future, you will give instructions to a computer program monitoring your voice.

We will hark back to the days with fondness when we could talk to an Indian.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Very true ginge I now being in my ,,70s I have to go back to the UK, another unnecessary step that am not looking forward to

SuperMario
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SuperMario »

Last year I thought about transferring my main account to HSBC thinking they more of an international bank. In a moment of madness I performed an online switch, and nothing happened even weeks later! I spent half a day waiting and talking to some foreign sounding lady whom I could barely comprehend who denied all knowledge that I'd switched, bu I insisted she do something about it and cancel anything in my name or address. I couldn't really understand what she said half the time, so went into a local branch and spoke to the manager about it. I did get sent an HSBC welcome pack etc. but have thank goodness NOT had my account switched. That was nearly 3 months ago. Shambolic.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

It really is best if you can have a UK address for banking, but realise that this is not an option for some.
Hammerhead, if you do have to go back to the UK, might be an idea to have another account with a different bank for back up, although suspect a UK address would be needed. I've found both Starling and Chase UK banks good (both are app based), and the beauty is that you get decent exchange rates spending abroad. I opened one or maybe both of the accounts here, but I do have a UK address.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Yes opening an account with another bank is an option and I have been told I can do it online and use my daughter's address but card and pin will go to that address,50 years with HSBC and I can't even login,so they are sending me a security pack so I can get back in!!kinell it's like getting into fort knox

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I always think you cant have enough bank accounts so HSBC sdre offering £200 to switch not a bad earner I thought .
One of the forms of verification I needed to operate the account took a month to turn up not their fault Strikes and Christmas post
But after two conversations with them I closed the account they are bloody useless
A narow escape

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Absolutely crap bank

SuperMario
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SuperMario »

wanderer wrote:
Tue 24 Jan 2023 6:43 pm
I always think you cant have enough bank accounts so HSBC sdre offering £200 to switch not a bad earner I thought .
One of the forms of verification I needed to operate the account took a month to turn up not their fault Strikes and Christmas post
But after two conversations with them I closed the account they are bloody useless
A narow escape
£200 bribe? I wouldn't try and do it for double that, too much stress. My UK bank may not be international but at least I can understand the agents on the phone.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”