Post by Hammerhead »

((/)) Are there any HSBC banks on the island

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hsbc

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

There were until 6/7 years ago and then they got caught again money laundering worldwide. They were fined heavily and their foreign operations seriously curtailed. They have repeatedly been fined over the last 10 years in UK & US and the fines total billions.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I have to go back to the UK just to try and unlock my bank account,for no good reason they won't let me login,nothing is helping chat rooms are rubbish no help and now I find myself in the position of having to go back to sort it out,HSBC are the worst

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

I use lloyds bank. Been doing online banking for about 4 years. Then about 18 months ago got message to use a 4 digit code. No success. Phoned 3 times over 3 hours as in a queue each time. Then spoke to first person. Explained situation - no help passed onto 2nd person (queue again) - no success got to supervisor who passed me to IT department. Explained details had not changed. Then the person said ahh you live in an embargoed country so we cannot help you. And hung up. I was told come into branch to check your account. Told them i live 2,500 miles away. No help.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

No major UK domestic bank want their average current/savings account holders living abroad.

They will actively seek to close the accounts it they become aware & moreso since brexit.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”