General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkish Airline

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Booked a flight with Turkish Airlines, Ercan to London on January 6th paid for with credit card. Confirmation of booking received. Lost the card I used last weekend. Not concerned, cancelled the card, the card expired anyway at the end of February and have new ones ready to pickup. My daughter went to the airport and tried to book in. Check-in staff demanded proof of ticket purchase with the credit card I used. Never encountered this before, was not pre warned about it and obviously didn't have a card to show them. Even if the card was not lost she wouldn't have been carrying it. Despite having paid for it and showing them the booking reference number they would not budge. They were however willing to resell us our seat for £800. The staff were as unhelpful as they could be. Very much out of pocket due to things paid for in the UK, hotels, travel, events. Speaking to other people on that flight who had no such problem or the credit card proof request. Picked daughter up from the airport. Trying to get a refund for the tickets but will not hold my breath!

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkish Airline

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

I have had recently 4 flights cancelled in one week to Thailand by this so called airline,had booked in on the last flight and then they cancelled after 1 hour.This was a Golden Wedding trip which was put off during the Covid outbreak,I am being refunded,and will claim for others on my insurance but this so called airline are useless.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi thornaby, Sounds like a dreadful experience. Might I suggest you try contacting your card holder, explain what happened and request a refund on original ticket- they might be able to recover from Turkish airlines easier than you can!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi Ian wrinkly, thanks for the reply and advice. It is my intention to contact the card people. Totally baffling why they had an issue with a credit card used, accepted, and issued the confirmation details for a flight booked 7 weeks previous!

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

We always fly TA and have quite often been asked at check in to show the credit card we booked with. Think it used to state this in its T’s & C’s but don’t know whether that is still the case.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Getting to be our least airline to fly with. Sadly, we fly back to the UK for my fathers funeral, he passed away suddenly. In two weeks time cost, almost 1300 sterling, outrageous prices, Ercan Manchester return.
In addition two weeks ago 90 minutes late leaving Ercan almost missed our connecting flight to Manchester from Istanbul.
Yes, I know we have alternatives however, they used to be our go to airline, not any more!!

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

EasyJet Liverpool to Larnaca half the price of TA or Pegasus from Manchester. We always used TA but not anymore.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Saintsfan wrote:
Tue 21 Feb 2023 11:56 pm
EasyJet Liverpool to Larnaca half the price of TA or Pegasus from Manchester. We always used TA but not anymore.
Great if you do not live here or hold an European passport.
We have not used turkish airlines for years, probably before 2004 when we were holiday makers but generally CTA as you didnt have to disembark. I know whizz air asked my husband for proof of card as it generally says in the conditions credit card maybe asked to be seen in the small print

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

How does that work if I pay for and book a flight for my daughter from UK to Ercan then? I will still have the credit card here?? Has anyone posed this question to TA at all?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

waddo wrote:
Wed 22 Feb 2023 1:39 pm
How does that work if I pay for and book a flight for my daughter from UK to Ercan then? I will still have the credit card here?? Has anyone posed this question to TA at all?
Excellent question not only for TA but all airlines.

We have booked flights for our son, wife and grandson for later this year. It was a present for them all. Of course the credit card used will be in my wallet and not theirs. Even if they had my credit card, it’s not their name on it.

Cannot believe that we are unique in doing this. I am sure many do the same.

I can feel an email to the airline to query this coming on.

UPDATE: I have contacted the airline (Wizz Air) to query the need for the original credit card to be presented on check in if asked for. Reply clearly states the original credit card will not be required at check in. I have of course taken a screenshot of the conversation with the in line customer service agent.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Wed 22 Feb 2023 6:03 pm
waddo wrote:
Wed 22 Feb 2023 1:39 pm
Excellent question not only for TA but all airlines.

We have booked flights for our son, wife and grandson for later this year. It was a present for them all. Of course the credit card used will be in my wallet and not theirs. Even if they had my credit card, it’s not their name on it.

Cannot believe that we are unique in doing this. I am sure many do the same.

I can feel an email to the airline to query this coming on.

UPDATE: I have contacted the airline (Wizz Air) to query the need for the original credit card to be presented on check in if asked for. Reply clearly states the original credit card will not be required at check in. I have of course taken a screenshot of the conversation with the in line customer service agent.
BA specifically ask when booking whether the person making payment is travelling.

This negates any need to show a card.

I haven't experienced similar process on TK website so take copies of the card used, passport copy of the person who paid plus a signed note from the person that paid (what a palaver but I'm guessing there are some current security issues in Turkiye)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”