General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Toilet fill valve and trnc Flexi hoses

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

I was going to replace the inards of my toilet in North Cyprus. I have bought a Toolstation fill valve and flush. Are the Flexi hoses compatible in North Cyprus?? It a 1/2 " thread?? The flush comes with 1 1/2 " and 2. " Outlets.

Does anyone foresee any problems?

Had so much useful advice on here so though I'd ask , thanks in advance

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Toilet fill valve and trnc Flexi hoses

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

The flexi hoses here have various sizes in terms of length ( 30cm , 40 cm 50 cm ,60cm ) and thread sizes 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch and they also have reducers if required to make things compatible. Ask at a local Yapi and they will guide you.

Here the water inlet valves (usually the pipes that come out of the wall with an isolation valve ) are a smaller size 3/8 inch than the UK flexi hose size of 1/2 inch.

You can get flexis with one end 3/8 inch and the other end 1/2 inch.

Best to ask at a Yapi Market for your requirements.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Parts here are low cost so it's probably not worth bringing these things from the uk. The outlet pipe in the wall will be 1/2 bsp. Fitted to that will be an isolation valve that will either have a 1/2 or 3/8 inch bsp outlet. The connection to the fill valve will be 1/2 inch b.s.p. so the flexi pipe needed will be either 1/2" ×1/2" or 1/2" ×3/8". All end being female. As a guide to what is on your installation the nut for a 1/2" connection needs a 24mm spanner where as the 3/8" connection use a 17mm spanner. Don't forget to renew the seal between connecting the top tank to the bowl generally called in the UK as a dounut seal. The ones here are sold separately and unlike the uk ones are flat on both faces.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Thanks all for the advice

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”