General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Building on Forestry Land

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

We have lived permanently here in the TRNC since 2011, and purchased a villa in 2018 which is isolated and located with sea and mountain view. When we were purchasing we were told that as the land to our front was all Forestry Land; there would never be any other builds/developments to spoil the view.
Last year, 2022 building work started just 300 meters down to our front and just off the dirt track on to what we were told was Forestry Land. Being a very isolated area the work on this property would start before 7am and go on well into the evening. On four (4) occasions they continued to pour concrete until after midnight.
Now that work on what was assumed to be Forestry, others have jumped on to the gravy train and another property is being planned adjacent to this new build.
Lately a very large area has now been cleared further up the hill into Forestry Land with many trees being cut down and taken away for fire wood. Told there are plans to build 5-6 villas on the area. Now cleared, a large white box lorry with solar panels on its roof, satellite dish for Turkcell internet, water tanks and a large patio area constructed with tables and chairs has been located on site. Which was in use this Sunday for a BBQ ( I thought, or was lead to believe that BBQ’s/fires were illegal on Forestry Land) with many cars and people in attendance.
My query is,; is there any TRNC body I should contact to inquire the legality of this matter.
I have attached a photo showing the large area cleared ringed.
62965E8F-D1E9-4041-99C7-E7B6F1E3BFFE.jpeg
Last edited by dap2410 on Mon 13 Mar 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Building on Forestry Land

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

dap2410 wrote:
Mon 13 Mar 2023 4:21 pm

My query is,; is there any TRNC body I should contact to inquire the legality of this matter.
Have you made contact with the relevant belediye mayor? - You don’t mention the area this is happening in.

There is also the Forestry department. http://orman.gov.ct.tr/
libens volens potens

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

I also bought land which an honest lawyer assured me was backed entirely by protected forestry land. A few years later I was ready to build. Discovered that in the meantime the TRNC had gifted the land to a Greek Cypriot as compensation and had redesignated it as buildable, and GC was making plans for a multi-villa development. I sold the land to someone who did not care, or perhaps he did not dig deep. So-called forestry land is not sacrosanct.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

a1sysman wrote:
Mon 13 Mar 2023 6:21 pm
dap2410 wrote:
Mon 13 Mar 2023 4:21 pm

Have you made contact with the relevant belediye mayor? - You don’t mention the area this is happening in.

There is also the Forestry department. http://orman.gov.ct.tr/
Thank you for your response. I have contacted our local Mukhtar, and the Mukhtar in turn contacted me this morning to inform me that a meeting has now been arranged for this Friday 17th with the belediy to hopefully throw some light on the situation.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”