General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Food and drink prices

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Not been out since November and due to arrive in a week or so. What has happened to food and drink prices please over the last three months??

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Food and drink prices

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Like everything they have increased

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

It's has risen dramatically and depends on the places where you go. Supermarkets koop milk was 22tl about 3 weeks ago but rose to 27tl in the last 2 weeks. People visiting with sterling will still find it reasonably priced.
Rent and wages have effected restaurants but I have recently visited one who owns the premises 40tl efes and meze with main 200tl.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Prices in sterling have soared from a year ago . If you look at the tl graph 1 year ago it was c 20 tl.to the £ it's now around 23 so a c 15 % depreciation and yet inflation has soared much much higher hard to give an exact figures you could probably get the official figures as a guide but likely higher . There has also been large tax increases on alcohol .prices have doubled maybe 70 % up in £ terms to a year ago imo. 1 year ago my cheap barber In the village charged 25 tl for a shave yesterday 50 tl I know this is about restaurants but all goods and services have approximately doubled in tl . C100% inflation . Coffees use to be c 24 tl in the chains they are now 60 tl. At the core is wage and electric inflation for business which have to be passed on to consumers . But prices have also rocketed in the UK the inflation figures the UK government give are as bent as other countries ..

The net minimum wage has almost doubled from c 6000 tl to 11800 January to January so expect to pay accordingly .

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

snd1966 wrote:
Thu 16 Mar 2023 5:25 am
It's has risen dramatically and depends on the places where you go. Supermarkets koop milk was 22tl about 3 weeks ago but rose to 27tl in the last 2 weeks. People visiting with sterling will still find it reasonably priced.
Rent and wages have effected restaurants but I have recently visited one who owns the premises 40tl efes and meze with main 200tl.
Agreed, 1 supermarket mushrooms are 104tl a kilo, another down the road 114tl a kilo.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Wages , Rents , Gas , Electricity , Commodities , Fuel , ingredients and everything else associated with food preparation have all risen sharply hence reflected in current prices.

But since you are coming over from the UK with GBP , and if its only for a short period it may not affect you that much.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Most things have increased at a ridiculous rate, and it is constant, Its seems to be on a virtually daily rate. Many of the increases are not small. 30 % is quite common. A 7 KG bag of Cat biscuits that 2 years ago were about 99 lira are now around 350 lira. It is just circle of constant inflation, rents up, Food and drinks prices up. So wages must increase and on and on it goes.

I honestly do not know how people hereon basic salary s can survive.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

uk food prices have gone up, but not at that rate, especially mushrooms!!

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I noticed in UK last time we went back, but mushrooms varying in price here is madness!

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

frugal90 wrote:
Wed 15 Mar 2023 6:58 pm
Not been out since November and due to arrive in a week or so. What has happened to food and drink prices please over the last three months??
I was out in Nov & returned this month. Nothing much has changed pricewise.

Over the last year or so inflation & geopolitics have pushed prices through the roof.

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Not just inflation, catering for influx of other nationalities, how can one sppermarket charge 200tl for my favorite wine and suppermarket less than i mile away charges 160tl ???? some products also do not display prices.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Pet food is definitely increasing, The brand we buy went up almost 10tl in a week, guess the new stock must be in.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”