Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thepotter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Anadolujet - Stansted

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by thepotter »

Hi,
Been looking at using this airline via Stansted to Ercan and the connection time is just 50 mins !! Having used Pegasus, TA many times in the past I've always had anything from 1.5 to 3hrs connection time. Doesn't seem possible to make the connecting flight by the time you have landed, being bussed to the terminal and then go through security again?? Last year our Pegasus flight left without us due to a short delay from the UK airport. I assume Anadolujet put you on the next flight but that involves several hours wait. We've flown to Larnaca many times but the cost is far higher as we would be travelling in the school holidays. Any help would be really appreciated.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Anadolujet - Stansted

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

When are you thinking of travelling? I'll let you know how i get on after Easter when we return.

thepotter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by thepotter »

Travelling end of May. Cheers for the offer of help.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

thepotter wrote:
Tue 21 Mar 2023 10:52 pm
Hi,
Been looking at using this airline via Stansted to Ercan and the connection time is just 50 mins !! Having used Pegasus, TA many times in the past I've always had anything from 1.5 to 3hrs connection time. Doesn't seem possible to make the connecting flight by the time you have landed, being bussed to the terminal and then go through security again?? Last year our Pegasus flight left without us due to a short delay from the UK airport. I assume Anadolujet put you on the next flight but that involves several hours wait. We've flown to Larnaca many times but the cost is far higher as we would be travelling in the school holidays. Any help would be really appreciated.

Is this a SAW or IST transfer?

If IST you are below the minimum TK transfer time - Anadolu is part of TK. You shouldn't have been able to book that but I know sometimes you book a flight and they move the times etc. You should be able to ring and change to a better layover period free of charge - I've done this a few times and need to do it for a July flight but they said ring nearer the time as there'll probably be another change! Having said that I've done arrival gate to departing gate in 10 mins before at IST. Make sure you use the Short Connection Point to avoid the main security hall - these are designated mini security gates for sub 90mins transfers and located on every gates spoke - usually at the far end going away from the main security hall.

If it's SAW or another of the smaller airports and there are no significant delays then 50mins is plenty.

thepotter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by thepotter »

Hi Ginge, thanks for the comprehensive reply it's really appreciated. The flight goes into SAW and then onto Ercan. So from what you are saying I should be ok. Just one question what is the short connection point called when we arrive into SAW terminal? Last time we were sent through to either international departures or domestic and it seemed chaotic to say the least ! Years ago a door opened and within minutes you were at your connecting gate with no security or stayed on the plane. Cheers

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

We have booked flight from Stansted -Ercan via Istanbul Sabiha Gocken airport.

Anadolu Jet fly into Sabiha Gocken airport. This airport is much smaller than Istanbul main airport.

Our flight departs Stansted at 23:05hrs and also has a 55 min lay over on arrival at Istanbul Sabiha Gocen airport. However I do believe that on the night flights from Stansted you do not get off the aircraft when you land in Turkiye. Therefore it’s about 55mins sat on the plane before it departs again for Ercan.

First time we have tried this route with Anadolu Jet so will report back on our experience.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

thepotter wrote:
Wed 22 Mar 2023 2:40 pm
Hi Ginge, thanks for the comprehensive reply it's really appreciated. The flight goes into SAW and then onto Ercan. So from what you are saying I should be ok. Just one question what is the short connection point called when we arrive into SAW terminal? Last time we were sent through to either international departures or domestic and it seemed chaotic to say the least ! Years ago a door opened and within minutes you were at your connecting gate with no security or stayed on the plane. Cheers

There are no Short Connection Points at SAW as far as I remember. It's a small airport. I last did the trip in Aug '21and I got off the Anadolu plane, walked a hundred yards or so to a small security area (one or two scanning lanes) and fed into the departures area. At the moment Ercan is classed as International. As Posh says, if it's the night flight you will stay on the plane.

TRNCMaths
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TRNCMaths »

ginge wrote:
Thu 23 Mar 2023 1:15 pm
At the moment Ercan is classed as International.
That sounds as though you know of a change in the near future :) If flights from Turkey to Ercan were indeed classed as domestic, many would be very happy with the likely cheaper fares. However, many more would be horrified by even the thought of Ercan becoming one of Ankara's domestic airports ...
Last edited by TRNCMaths on Thu 23 Mar 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRNCMaths
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TRNCMaths »

TRNCMaths wrote:
Thu 23 Mar 2023 1:34 pm
ginge wrote:
Thu 23 Mar 2023 1:15 pm
At the moment Ercan is classed as International.
That sounds as though you know of a change in the near future :) If flights from Turkey to Ercan were indeed classed as domestic, many would be very happy with the likely cheaper fares. However, many more would be horrified by even the thought of Ercan becoming one of Ankara's domestic airports ...

TRNCMaths
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TRNCMaths »

Further to my message above, I searched the cost of domestic flights within Turkey ... and they are about half the price of flights to Ercan.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

In my experience on arriving in the terminal and going upstairs there was a staff member calling out the Ercan passengers and we were taken directly to the departure gate with no additional security. What you do need to think about is if the connection is missed when is the next flight. At least with Pegasus there are more flights to Ercan. With Anadolu if I had missed the connection I would have had to wait until the following morning for the next flight.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

Interesting and maybe helpful bit of news.

BA have started flights to SAW.

At the moment only summer.............. June - October..............Mon, Thurs, Fri & Sun.

Sun & Thurs
LHR 0905 - SAW 1545
SAW 1650 - LHR 1905

Mon & Fri
LHR 0735 - SAW 1345
SAW 1545 - LHR 1800

Might be worth a look.

Will work better for those who are hand luggage only and can swap airlines easily & the layovers work (I'd leave a bit longer than usual as it involves 2 different airlines - the 2nd flight has no protection in the event the BA flight is significantly delayed)

Hopefully with this news and that Wizz have started flights to IST competition will drive the exorbitant prices down. :x))

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

50 minute layover no problem. Took off from Stansted 10 mins late and arrived Sabiha Gokcan only 5 mins late. As soon as we got to the end of tunnel off the plane there were 2 Ground Crew shouting out for Erçan. We could hear them before we SAW them, (see what I did there). One of them took us straight round to security and jumped the queue, then round to the gate and onto the plane. Bit of a rush but no problem. Well done Anadolujet. Completely beat the pants off of Wizz. Won't be flying to Larnaca again. Just make sure if you are flying with others, they will each need to join Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles to earn miles or they will loose them, as you, if you join, cannot earn miles for other people.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”