General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ossie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Immigration/residency office Police Station

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Ossie »

I applied online to renew my residency permit on 16 May. I received almost immediately, an appointment to visit the Police Station, Girne for 245pm on 23rd DECEMBER. Crazy, and what about so called "Health insurance" - I seem to remember that one can only initiate that after the Police visit.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Immigration/residency office Police Station

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

System not fit for purpose?

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I have been to the Police Station residency 'window' a couple of times in the last few months and both times just walked straight up to the window no one else doing their residency at the time(s) so it seems obvious that since this new booking system has been put in place they are just not making enough booking appointments in the day. In fact the most recent time only one policeman processing and initially had to wait for him to finish his small cigar first....I guess they determine how many they can see in a day!!

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Ossie wrote:
Wed 24 May 2023 10:47 am
I applied online to renew my residency permit on 16 May. I received almost immediately, an appointment to visit the Police Station, Girne for 245pm on 23rd DECEMBER. Crazy, and what about so called "Health insurance" - I seem to remember that one can only initiate that after the Police visit.
Just go .
They don,t seem to have any way of knowing who is due,when.
Then you are in the system.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Do bear in mind, when you pass the police stage, you will be a given backdated visa, so you are essentially only obtaining a 5 month visa before reapplying, again 4 and half months later!

The payments you make for a years visa and health etc, will only actually be for 5 months as the other 7 months have passed.

The only way to remain legel at this stage is to cross south until you receive your permanent visa. Crossing they are likely to only offer you 7 days, so weekly trips for 7 months. Otherwise if you need to leave the country at any stage during the period while you are without a visa, you will be charged for over staying.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

AFC, So weekly trips for 7 months - how does that work? Just exit TRNC, 90 days after your first entry to ROC you now must wait 90 days before you can go again! So do I just walk across half way into no mans land then turn round and walk back again having been nowhere but now can renter TRNC again?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Waddo its a pain in **** but if you need to travel abroad or have relations in the UK as an example that are ill and you are aware you maybe called back at any point you need to maintain a legal status at point of exit from North Cyprus.

If however you are not looking to travel during the period where you have applied but have no visa, then there is no need to undertake this weekly crossing as once you obtain your visa, it will be back dated.

I say weekly, as these days that is all that is offered.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

AFC, sorry, probably did not explain the question well. As you can only go South 90/180, what happens when you run out of your 90 allocation and can't go South? Can you still just leave TRNC and come back in again without actually going into the South?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Morning, tbh they very rarely check on the South, espcically the drive through. I;ve not been stopped once, and travel regulalry since Brexit. If they do, then indeed turn round and re-enter

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

I bought return tickets to UK for the month of August as soon as I heard my mum had been told she has less than 9 months to live. My visa runs out on 11th June so I was in the time bracket to be able to access the online application site. I nearly fell over when it promptly gave me an appointment for the 28th December! And that was after accepting the Muhtar's letter and passport photo page THAT I HAD NOT BEEN ABLE TO UPLOAD!!!
Lat year my police appt was on the 28th June, and visa finally issued 3 months later after some chasing.
So add 3 months to 28th December and that leaves from 28th March to 11th June for a valid visa. 2.5 months!
So how do I ever get to leave Cyprus to see family? Especially by 1st August.
Very stressful and worrying. Especially as mum will no longer be around once I AM allowed to legally leave the island.
I have not left North Cyprus for 6 years now. It is so expensive to travel now. Am my August tickets are non refundable with Turkish Airlines.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Sorry about your sad news.

Go to immigration in Lefcosia. Explain your predicament and they will sort it.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Sorry about your Mum LizA. Do go to immigration and take your flight tickets with you. They will sort it out for you. It's ridiculous that you have this to add to your worries.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

It will be quicker to just go with all your papers directly to the police, include a copy of your upcoming flight details and they will process you no need to go to immigration. Just go directly to the window and say you have a flight out booked and show them the details.

Once you have gone to the police with your papers and you get the police tick in the system (ie 50 or 60%) then from that very day you have 60 days that you can leave without getting a fine so don't go too early!

Sorry for your news but I assure you you will make your flight without overstay charges!

finchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by finchy »

The police will only take notice if you take your flight details 3 days before your flight. Just make sure that you have all of your documentation that you would if it was your official appointment. Yes you will get 60days freedom of travel, if you exceed your 60 days you pay the fine at Ercan of 685TL per day. Once you have paid the fine you get another 60 days lol. My application has been stuck on 60% since the 18th Feb. It's just another way of getting money out of us.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

https://www.facebook.com/ersinrtatar send the pres a message, SOLVE IT !!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”