Multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Asia111

Multimax

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Emailed Multimax last night for a bit of customer service. Still waiting for a response!
Our internet dropped twice in a few days. The first time, the drop may have been linked to work they were doing. Router rebooted an everything ok for a while.
Dropped again this week. Rebooted but dropped again yesterday after just 20 mins.

In the absence of Multimax customer service is there anyone out there that knows anything?

Multimax online chat offline also!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Kemal Multimax used to be good

Those were the days

You issued a bold statementa couple of weeks ago "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"

"I HAVE INDIGESTION"

Multimax Freedom package you pay an anual fee and book and pay for the days you require "Internet for Swallows "

You used to be able to book today for say 1st August to 15th of August pay the daily rate and when you arrived at 3 in the morning internet was working

Tried Monday Tuesday would not allow me to Alter the start date of the callender on the online booking
"We no longer support scheduled services! Please contact us at 0548 888 6629" Thats the numer that drops immediatly you conect most of the time

Wednesday rang up after the online chat said chat system failed 3 times

The notifications on site say you've moved office 2014 and a new custmer help service 2013 thats the chat that says

"in order to provide more efficient and better quality service to our customers we are proud to introduce the new multimax customer online panel"

Mon, Nov 11th 2013, 10:55

Thats the live chat thats said this for a couple of years when you use it:-

"Uncaught Exception
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 2 possible authenticators in ./__swift/thirdparty/SwiftMailer/classes/SwiftMailer/Transport/Esmtp"

I got through on the phone after a few hours of trying and the line disconecting immediatly or the other line rings out for a miniute and cuts off

So Lady took my name and number some someone will ring you back two days later I'm waiting STILL

I looked in my "Tickets" The lady must have raised one its there with the ones I raised in May unanswered still open

So I tried to book my days and it still says comuter says NO or "We no longer support scheduled services! Please contact us at 0548 888 6629"

Sorry to do this on a public forum but your systems phone web chat tickets do not work and its getting difficult to pay you

Kemal PM me or ring my numbers on the last ticket

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

I have been with Multimax for 6 years, never known it so bad, internet is up and down like a brides nighty, will be looking for a different provider come renewal time.

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

I need to change mine this year. Far too expensive despite the alleged discount. I think I’m the only one here who hasn’t bitten the bullet yet.

Asia111

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Still no reply to email to Multimax yesterday evening. Disgraceful customer service
We have been with Multimax for as long as we can remember.
Loyalty counts for nothing!

Ozankoy Best Butcher
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

There`s a private Facebook group where the owner is managing/overseeing the issues personally. Its called Multimax - Boss`s Office! Not sure how you access the boss if you aren`t on Facebook.
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

why do people keep putting up with MM? I gave up years ago, thank goodness

Perks
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Perks »

I have been with Multimax since arrival here on the island some years ago and contrary to peoples opinions here on thie dorum and elswwhere we have had nothing buy a good service . Recently the customer service has improved dramatically. The speeds on average are ok for streaming iptv and have never suffered from buffering
Just thought I would give them credit where its due

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Ozankoy Best Butcher wrote:
Fri 09 Jun 2023 2:10 pm
There`s a private Facebook group where the owner is managing/overseeing the issues personally. Its called Multimax - Boss`s Office! Not sure how you access the boss if you aren`t on Facebook.
I think it's called multimax I want to speak to a manager.... Best of luck with that.... iwas blocked cos I asked a simple question..... Needless to say I am no longer with them and have written off the 5 remaining months I paid for up front. Extremely happy with my new provider.

Asia111

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

mrsgee , may I ask which internet company you moved to?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Extend, Paul and Gwyn Alldred.... fantastic no buffering, great service..... you get what you pay for... unfortunately with mm I did not.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Second Gwyn and Paul..😁.
Been with them 6 years, changed after terrible service with another company….. Never looked back.

CPFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by CPFC »

Also switched to Gwyn last year and been very happy 👍

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi, I have sent a msg via their website http://www.satellitecyprus.com/. but no reply.

Maybe those that have their internet service from them can answer the following if possible please:

* From their website it seems they mainly operate out of the south, but have a number for the north - is that correct?

* Is the internet provided from the north or the south?

* How does support and installation work in the north?

* Do they allow use of 3rd party DNS, i.e. can you access the router home page to set secondary DNS yourself?

* What's the current pricing, and for what speeds?

Many thanks all in advance.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Laptawrinkly. Satellite Cyprus are a north Cyprus company operating only in the north and based in Ozankoy. Support and installation are done by SC and Extend. Their service is excellent. If you send a text message to Gwyn on 533 869 43 71 or an email to [email protected] I am sure you will receive a reply very quickly.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Thanks Laura B.

Thanks for the info will msg them.

Just saw this website, which had the same phone numbers for the north as given on here, but also appears to service Paphos, Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia, etc, why I asked where they are based.

:+1:)

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

You're welcome Laptaw. I'm sure they will do their very best for you. A couple days ago I got home at 7.15 in the evening to no internet. I called Extend at 7.30 and was told there was a fault at my end. Extend called me back at 8pm to say an engineer would be with me the next day. He came at 11am and by 11.30 all was sorted and internet fine. Excellent service.

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by guru »

I’ve been with Multimax since 2016 and I have to say they have never been so bad! I’ve been here for 11 days. The first four days I had no Internet at all even though I had booked first b4 arrival! They told me I hadn’t paid to activate the service (which I had!!) and then said there was a technical fault. Eventually got Internet but In Esentepe now it is so slow barely even one megabyte per second, it’s a major effort in its self just to post this message on Kibcom. Sorry Multimax, but you really are terrible at the moment!

rockpebbler
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by rockpebbler »

I have been with MM for 8 years service was always OK but the last six months the connection has been very bad, at best 13gb dropping to 2 gb. Many repeated phone calls and called in the office in desperation but still little or no improvement. I can see the base station and it is only 200 m away. The contract expired over a month ago, they have never contacted me to say what the renewal cost was.
So I decide to try another provider, not regretted the change, I check the speeds 3 times a day always between 19 - 21 gb and the cost is less than I was paying.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”