Add or find out about recipes posted by Kibkom members,

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Easy Lemonade

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

So Lemon curd, Lemon pie, Dutch Buns (Groucho's favourite), what to do with a load of lemons from 2 trees.

Easy Lemonade

Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice , about 4-6 lemons depends on size (I used 5)
4 1/2 - 5 cups water , divided
Instructions
Combine sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher. Add simple syrup and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
When ready to serve, add 2 1/2 cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it's too sweet. Serve over ice, if desired.
Notes
Yield: Makes about 7 cups of lemonade.
To Make Ahead: This easy lemonade recipe can be made and kept covered in the fridge up to a day or two in advance. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days (but I promise it won't last that long!).

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Easy Lemonade

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

Thanks for the info I use this recipe a lot but use less sugar ( just for those concerned about sugar intake )

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Easy Lemonade

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

We juice the lemons then freeze in 1.5 litre plastic bottles leaving a bit of room for expansion. Then just take a bottle at a time out to defrost. We then mix the juice in another bottle with water and sugar. No need to dissolve in a pan. Have been doing it this way for years as advised by a Cypriot friend.

Return to “RECIPES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”