- Posts: 448
- Joined: Sat 14 Apr 2012 7:21 am
12 meaty pork ribs
100ml hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp vinegar (you can use cider, malt or wine)
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1. Put the ribs in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins. Meanwhile, pour the hoisin sauce in a jug and stir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and five-spice.
2. Drain the ribs very well, then brush with the glaze – if barbecuing, chill, cover and keep in the fridge for later.
3. Heat the grill to high, if using. Grill or barbecue for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time until shiny and slightly charred in places. Serve hot.
- Posts: 700
- Joined: Wed 04 Apr 2012 5:21 pm
- Posts: 699
- Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2012 12:47 pm