•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Chinese pork ribs

Ingredients

12 meaty pork ribs
100ml hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tbsp vinegar (you can use cider, malt or wine)
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder

Method

1. Put the ribs in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins. Meanwhile, pour the hoisin sauce in a jug and stir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and five-spice.
2. Drain the ribs very well, then brush with the glaze – if barbecuing, chill, cover and keep in the fridge for later.
3. Heat the grill to high, if using. Grill or barbecue for 15-20 mins, turning from time to time until shiny and slightly charred in places. Serve hot.

Enjoy Mike

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Chinese pork ribs

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

That is exactly the way I have always done ribs. Always play around with the sauce a bit. Sometimes add a little English mustard, splash of Worcestershire plus other things depending what is in store. I also boil & simmer mine for around 30 minutes. Always cook in the oven then grill to finish. An American showed me this method many years ago. Meat falls ooo the bone. Delicious.

flowerfairy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Chinese pork ribs

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by flowerfairy »

I just put my ribs in a roasting bag, pour hoi sin sauce and honey in the bag with a little water. Place in the oven for about an hour. Whalla !!!! job done.
Enjoy.
Don't live in the past, make new memories every day,

Return to “RECIPES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”