- Posts: 195
- Joined: Wed 05 Jul 2017 5:11 pm
1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Pour whipping cream into a heavy glass bowl; submerge in water (up to the level of the cream in the bowl) in a saucepan.
2. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat until cream reaches 190 degrees (just below the boiling point - it will be very frothy and steamy), stirring frequently. I had a little trouble getting mine quite that hot, so I popped the bowl in the microwave for a few seconds.
3. Keeping bowl in the water, pour in lemon juice and stir continuously until cream becomes very thick and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
5. Line a fine-mesh strainer or sieve with a coffee filter (you'll need more than one if you double the recipe) and suspend over a bowl. Pour in thickened cream.
6. Once cream cools completely, move the strainer and bowl to the refrigerator. 24 hours later, peel off the coffee filter and put your finished cheese in a container. Or if you're impatient and don't mind it a bit less firm, you can remove it sooner! Makes about 6 oz.
what cheese do you use to hide a small horse...................