Add or find out about recipes posted by Kibkom members,

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Kath
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Black (or Green) olive tapenade

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Kath »

Made this last night (a jar of my black olives from last year had gone a little soft) very easy. I found it only necessary to add 1 tablespoon of oil and blitz once. The longest part was pitting my olives. Served it with sour-dough toast but any toast thinly sliced or crackers would do.

Ingredients
7 oz (200g) pitted black olives
1 small garlic clove minced
3 anchovies small fillets
8 small capers
2 tbsp olive oil divided
Instructions
Combine olives, garlic, anchovies, capers and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the food processor. Do not add any salt!
Process about 15 seconds, scrap down the edges with a spatula and add the other 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Process again until almost smooth but still a little bit chunky(about 30 seconds). You should not be able to see any garlic chunks left but it shouldn't be a super smooth paste either
Serve immediately on toasted bread or store in the fridge, in an airtight glass container.
Recipe Notes
If you prefer green olives, keep the same ingredients and proportion, just replace black olives with green olives and add 2 large basil leaves. It won't be as smooth as black olive tapenade, but just as good!

frangellico
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Black (or Green) olive tapenade

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by frangellico »

This tapenade is sooo good! Made it yesterday and it's almost all gone already. Thanks for the recipe.

Return to “RECIPES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”