Euros 2021

Topics placed in this category cannot be seen in Active Topics.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Euros 2021

•   Message 51 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 8:42 am
Hedge-fund wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:56 pm
I managed to watch the England game in a bar and almost made it home by midnight but my car turned into a pumpkin.
Another awful game but at least we're still in the hat
I didn’t think it was a bad game. Decent first half and managed the game well in the second.

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 286 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

I just wish that Modric from Croatia was an Englishman. He has haunted me for years. What a playmaker and inspiration. He never goes backwards and his precision passes and crosses are instrumental in this little country being so prolific on the world stage. A true master of his art and I dread it every time we have to play against them. Won’t rest easy until Croatia are out of the competition.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 286 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Ooops, I tend to support Croatia, and sorry to hear you've been haunted. I would have thought there are a few English players who give you nightmares though?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Best of luck to Wales this evening

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sat 26 Jun 2021 11:30 am
Best of luck to Wales this evening
Thanks think we may need it. The momentum certainly feels like it’s with the Danes, no Welsh fans allowed to travel but the Danes are allowed ( bit of political underhanded tactics ?)
So yet another “away” game but fingers crossed.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Sat 26 Jun 2021 1:23 pm

Thanks think we may need it. The momentum certainly feels like it’s with the Danes, no Welsh fans allowed to travel but the Danes are allowed ( bit of political underhanded tactics ?)
So yet another “away” game but fingers crossed.
Thing is with these ‘away’ games with the covid restrictions they aren’t as bad as they could be also sadly Denmark are without their best player.
It’s a coin flip, I think if Bale and Ramsey play well and the defence stays solid you’ve got a great chance

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Wales were very poor, they made Denmark look like 1970 Brazil

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sat 26 Jun 2021 9:25 pm
Agree totally. We had no energy no legs after the first 20 mins.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 10:16 am
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Didn’t press, didn’t get right, didn’t get to the second ball.
Joe Allen had the worst game I’ve ever seen him have.
Disappointing as I don't think Denmark are that special but Wales made them look world beaters.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 12:49 pm
Walesforever wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 10:16 am
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Didn’t press, didn’t get right, didn’t get to the second ball.
Joe Allen had the worst game I’ve ever seen him have.
Disappointing as I don't think Denmark are that special but Wales made them look world beaters.
I think the Danes have definitely grown into this tournament they certainly have huge momentum and a swell of support from around the world behind them.
Yesterday was another “home” game for them 25000 fans compared to the 350 Dutch living Welsh.
Don’t underestimate how hard it’s been playing against 30k Turks in Baku 30k Italians in Rome and 25k Danes in Amsterdam.
A world away from 16k home support at Wembley which will now rise to 40k and eventually 90k plus the zero travel the Danes have had. 350 miles all tournament compared to over 4000 miles for Wales.
On saying that yes we did make them look like world beaters just the same as England made Scotland look like world beaters. Sometimes it happens.
The best team BY FAR won the game yesterday and I think if we were still playing now we wouldn’t have scored!! So I’ve no complaints whatsoever.just underestimate the Danes at your peril sometimes adversity does funny things to people.
They could still have one or two more surprises up their sleeves.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:00 pm

underestimate the Danes at your peril sometimes adversity does funny things to people.
They could still have one or two more surprises up their sleeves.
If it’s not England I hope Denmark win it but I can’t look beyond France tbh which should be the kiss of death for them.
Wales did well considering the travelling etc
The main problem yesterday was they have such a thin squad talent wise that when they needed to change it up they couldn’t.
What’s amazing is the results this team has produced when you compare it with the side that could boast Rush, Hughes, Radcliffe, Southall , Giggs etc.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Take Bale and Ramsey out of that team and it’s basically premier team reserves and Championship players. Our pool of players are tiny compared to the huge countries like Italy England Germany etc.
We’ve actually qualified for Nations league group A which is incredible all things considered but maybe Father Time has caught up with our Golden generation.
For a Country of just under 3 million we’ve certainly punched above our weight for a long time thanks to their team spirit.

Anyway the first of the big boys are out. Netherlands have just been dumped out by the Czechs which was a shock.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 7:21 pm

Anyway the first of the big boys are out. Netherlands have just been dumped out by the Czechs which was a shock.
I had a feeling they wouldn’t go too deep. Holland can put most countries to shame cocking up in big tournaments.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 8:31 pm
Walesforever wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 7:21 pm

I had a feeling they wouldn’t go too deep. Holland can put most countries to shame cocking up in big tournaments.
They were a typical Dutch side. Exciting going forward but very dodgy at the back. As you say, you would put your money on France, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a less fancied side went on to win it.

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 286 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

Where is the best place to watch football on a nig screen please.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sausage and pash wrote:
Mon 28 Jun 2021 6:52 pm
Where is the best place to watch football on a nig screen please.
Lots of places have the football on. Whereabouts are you?

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Huge shock last night with the Swiss beating France and fantastic game between Croatia and Spain.

Good luck England later

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 68 of 286 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

Sorry. Girne or ozanköy.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sausage and pash wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 1:21 pm
Sorry. Girne or ozanköy.
We're on the other side of Girne but I'd be amazed if the majority of bars weren't showing it where you are.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 10:47 am
Huge shock last night with the Swiss beating France and fantastic game between Croatia and Spain.

Good luck England later
Yes the tournament caught fire last night. My tip killed France so maybe I should tip Germany next.
Fingers crossed for later although I can see us beating Germany and then cocking it up against Sweden or Ukraine.
We are in a great half of the draw so I'd be disappointed not to make the semis at least and then we have home advantage so let's dream

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 71 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 3:12 pm
Walesforever wrote:
Tue 29 Jun 2021 10:47 am

Good luck England later
Yes the tournament caught fire last night. My tip killed France so maybe I should tip Germany next.
Fingers crossed for later although I can see us beating Germany and then cocking it up against Sweden or Ukraine.
We are in a great half of the draw so I'd be disappointed not to make the semis at least and then we have home advantage so let's dream
Cannot see us getting anything with that team he has put out tonight. Far too defensive. Some of our most attacking players on the bench. Total bottle job again by Southgate.

Hope I’m wrong, but cannot see it.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 72 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Shows what I know about football

:lol:

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 73 of 286 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

That was a very good win for England.

At last they look like a team that could go all the way.

The atmosphere in an only half full Wembley was very impressive.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 74 of 286 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

So much for the teams in the "group of death" ...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 75 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Great half the draw. Us and Sweden or Ukraine both away in Rome, semi and final at Wembley no one outstanding now France are out we’re never going to get a better chance.
Italy are the danger but if they get past Belgium and Spain it must take a bit out of them as you can only play so many hard games

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 76 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Absolutely nothing to stop England now. If you mess this up from here Southgate should get hanged

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 77 of 286 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

Like all of us I’ve waited since 1966 for England to show dominance. This performance over Germany was far from it. It’s the same old principle. Pass the ball along the middle and then back to the goalkeeper. Seldom a positive thrust forward. It was a poor German side and a lack lustre English one. We have no panache no playmaker and no excitement.,Harry WHO our most vaunted player never puts himself out. He is not a team player. Saying this it’s probably the best chance we have had for years to shine on the world stage but for gods sake give us some excitement.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 78 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

jackvern wrote:
Wed 30 Jun 2021 3:39 pm
Like all of us I’ve waited since 1966 for England to show dominance. This performance over Germany was far from it. It’s the same old principle. Pass the ball along the middle and then back to the goalkeeper. Seldom a positive thrust forward. It was a poor German side and a lack lustre English one. We have no panache no playmaker and no excitement.,Harry WHO our most vaunted player never puts himself out. He is not a team player. Saying this it’s probably the best chance we have had for years to shine on the world stage but for gods sake give us some excitement.
I’d agree that it wasn’t a vintage German side but then neither were the 82,86 and 2002 sides who all got to the final. They are never easy to beat.

It’s true England aren’t setting the tournament slight but Italy seldom do and win World Cups by playing defensively. Greece did too.

The passing the ball across the back can be negative and we could certainly do it quicker but it is a better tactic than launching long balls into the opposition half and give away possession which we have tried for 50 years. If that was effective it would’ve worked by now. By keeping possession the hope is to draw the opposition out of position and then pass forward. The problem is the players don’t look THAT comfortable passing the bell around and aren’t doing it quickly enough. That said, it is the right tactic and hopefully we will get better at it. To go back to hitting 70 yard Hollywood balls will be to go back in time.

Kane looks tired and is as the case with any team’s best player will be heavily marked.
For the most part his job is going to be to sacrifice his game and draw a couple of players out to give others room.
He hasn’t played well but to say he isn’t a team player is ridiculous given he had more assists during the season then any other premiership player.
For the first goal he made a telling pass when a lot of forwards who haven’t had much service and haven’t scored might have attempted a shot.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 79 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

Congratulations to England. It’s nailed on to come home now.

If that Ukraine game was a boxing match it would have been stopped a lot earlier. England looked fantastic Ukraine were a busted flush.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 80 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Sat 03 Jul 2021 9:52 pm
Congratulations to England. It’s nailed on to come home now.

If that Ukraine game was a boxing match it would have been stopped a lot earlier. England looked fantastic Ukraine were a busted flush.
Harry’s back in the goals and he scored in bunches so that’s a positive. After a slow start we are picking up which is what you have to do in tournament football.
Just need Italy and Spain to beat each other up in their semi and not underestimate Denmark but we are at Wembley now which might give us an edge.
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 81 of 286 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

Harry WHO got his mojo back last night and actually wanted to play. His half volley and spectacular save by the keeper were pure magic. We have at last showed some real inspiration and flair and it brought a lot of pride back to the country. Denmark will be a tougher nut to crack but what I saw last night we now have a good chance to actually win. The boys done well and made us proud.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 82 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

jackvern wrote:
Sun 04 Jul 2021 1:40 pm
Harry WHO got his mojo back last night and actually wanted to play. His half volley and spectacular save by the keeper were pure magic. We have at last showed some real inspiration and flair and it brought a lot of pride back to the country. Denmark will be a tougher nut to crack but what I saw last night we now have a good chance to actually win. The boys done well and made us proud.
And after 5 games we have yet to concede a goal.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 83 of 286 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Well Done lads. Excellent and exciting game to watch in so much that we controlled the game well and deserved to win.

I hope that on Wednesday we put things right with the Danish after they beat Wales .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 84 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Come on England!!!
Not been this nervous about a semi since watching Brokeback Mountain

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 85 of 286 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

With you there fella. I swear every time that I watch England and get disappointed I say never again. They have done it to me once more I am hooked and hope they can really shine. I just want a really good performance and not a drab draw with penalties.So much pride is resting on them and it’s time they earned their big salaries and produced the goods. We need this to put some spirit back into dear old Blighty and of course make an old man happy. Good luck chaps.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 86 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

jackvern wrote:
Wed 07 Jul 2021 4:27 pm
With you there fella. I swear every time that I watch England and get disappointed I say never again. They have done it to me once more I am hooked and hope they can really shine. I just want a really good performance and not a drab draw with penalties.So much pride is resting on them and it’s time they earned their big salaries and produced the goods. We need this to put some spirit back into dear old Blighty and of course make an old man happy. Good luck chaps.
100% agree. I can accept losing if we give it a good go and get beaten by a better side who outperform us.
Denmark would be a good side to lose to given their first game.
I have to confess my principles are a bit flexible in that I will take the most boring 1-0 win and our goal being a extremely soft penalty as I've been waiting too long to be THAT choosy

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 87 of 286 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Don't know if you heard the Danish captain say "Footballs Coming Home?" What's that all about .......it's never been there in the first place. Makes sense doesn't it?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 88 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 07 Jul 2021 7:03 pm
Don't know if you heard the Danish captain say "Footballs Coming Home?" What's that all about .......it's never been there in the first place. Makes sense doesn't it?
Well the semis and final are at Wembley so it’s coming to its spiritual home. It’s near enough.
Got enough on my mind to worry about technicalities.
Still nursing a pulled hamstring from Harry’s goal in the Germany game.

Head Office has already said make sure your not coming home if you are going to be in a bad mood if they lose.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 89 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

P:)) P:)) P:))
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 90 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Get in there!!!!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 91 of 286 in Discussion

Post by erol »

It's my birthday on Sunday. Last time England made it to a major final I was 19 days old. Come on England you can do this.

:x))

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 92 of 286 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Appy birthday for Sunday then Erol whichever way it goes |:) (:|

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 93 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

It was very reassuring how the team reacted after going a goal down last night which was unknown territory this tournament.
Also the depth to the squad, we have Grealish, Sancho, Fodon, Henderson, Trippier, Mings to come on so as long as Sterling and Kane stay fit we have all eventualities covered.

I don’t think Sunday’s game is going to be a classic and I think we need to get the first goal because it has 1-0 written all over.
Sir Harry tapping in a Sterling cross in the 70th minute will do very nicely.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 94 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 07 Jul 2021 6:23 pm

our goal being a extremely soft penalty
Funny I should say that!
I’m working on my wish for Sunday

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 95 of 286 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Erol it was my Birthday yesterday and to keep everyone happy I postponed it until today. Posh Nosh and all. Stayed up until after the end and consequently I feel like death warmed up today. S+++s law.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 96 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Thu 08 Jul 2021 6:50 am
It's my birthday on Sunday.
No pressure Erol and obviously you have to keep it secret but on Sunday morning when you blow your candles out and have to make a wish if you are struggling what to wish for........

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 97 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

England deserved the win and were the better side from around the 60th min onwards…..but penalty?? Hmmm 🤔 . Onwards and upwards roll on Sunday.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 98 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Walesforever wrote:
Thu 08 Jul 2021 7:26 pm
England deserved the win and were the better side from around the 60th min onwards…..but penalty?? Hmmm 🤔 . Onwards and upwards roll on Sunday.
It was a penalty. Soft one, but he still made contact in the box, which is silly. You’ll see a few of them decisions every weekend in the premier league.

Having said that, England have been robbed for years by ‘gamesmanship’, so it’s about time we started to wise up. 5 years from now it will be looked back on as one of the best nights of football ever. Sweet Caroline being belted out by the fans and players after what can only be described as a horrendous year or two was so emotional.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 99 of 286 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Under the rules of football no attacking player is allowed within 1 metre of the wall, just as the kick was taken three Danish players shuffled into within 1 metre of the wall... the goal should have been disallowed. Check out https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... jrrd3e4imp

So I feel sorry for Pickford, his clean sheet spoiled by an error.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 100 of 286 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Trigger wrote:
Fri 09 Jul 2021 6:41 am

It was a penalty. Soft one, but he still made contact in the box, which is silly. You’ll see a few of them decisions every weekend in the premier league.
I agree, although it was probably a weaker shout than the one on Kane in the first half.

Sometimes the player is going so fast that a minimal contact will send them off balance and to the ground and look as if the player is trying to buy a penalty.

Other times there is enough contact to impede a player which is a foul but not enough to knock him to the ground so the player will make the most of it and go to ground easily. It’s still a foul and still a penalty but you can’t help thinking the victim is the cheat.

The problem is, apart from the occasional obvious holding, no referee will give a penalty if the player stays on his feet. If a player gets body checked and remains on his feet he won’t get a penalty.
Even Pierluigi Collina, the best referee there has been, was quoted as telling a player that “it was a foul but I couldn’t give the penalty because you stayed on your feet.”
So players gild they lily, because unless they do they are cheated out of a penalty.

To add to the fun the rules are now that if your arms are by your sides and the ball is hammered at you at 100 mph while your back is turned and hits your arm then that’s a penalty! Deliberate or otherwise if the ball hits your arm it’s a penalty. Spurs conceded a penalty at Newcastle that even their manager was embarrassed by but it was correct according to the new rules.
So over the years you are going to see some pretty awful penalties given against your team, so enjoy them when you get given one. It’ll even out over time, England had goal chalked off that was 4 feet over the line. Spurs had one chalked off against Man U where the keeper scooping it out of the goal was 4 feet over the line.

Return to “KEYBOARD WARS & OFF TOPIC THREADS”