Elexus hotel

Need to book an Hotel in the TRNC? Ask members about their experiences and recommendations.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dan3006
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Elexus hotel

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Dan3006 »

We are going to the aqua park there today and someone mentioned the buffet lunch there, has anyone had this and if so what was it like and what was the cost and dress code? Thanks in advance

kathsj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Elexus hotel

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by kathsj »

Let us know how you get on. Have had several friends report ex pats not welcome.

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

We went a few weeks ago. I think we were the only expats there. The service was fine and the buffet was quite good, apart from the many flies around the salad bar. Still prefer the Merit though.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

The hotel itself has been very welcoming to us. Well the staff anyway. We have been to their Chinese restaurant several times and had coffee in the pool bar several times as well. The staff have always been great.
Can't comment about the aqua park as we haven't done that yet.

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

I've had good feedback about the Chinese restaurant and intend to give it a try.

BURTONS808
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by BURTONS808 »

Need to sort out their sewage smells...

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

The Chinese is excellent the cheapest and best crispy duck I have ever had.

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Excellent food -spoiled by the constant smell of sewerage.

They reall need to sort it.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Where did you eat outside ? I have not experienced that in 8 visits. And the 14 course taster menu with free branded drink is amazing value at 115 lira. Not that I could drink much as designated driver but everyone else did.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We drive past the Elexus several times a week and have to make sure all windows are closed and we have recycle on. The smell is awful, worse than at the Acapulco so I'm not surprised that you can smell it while eating outside.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

come_on_aylin wrote:We drive past the Elexus several times a week and have to make sure all windows are closed and we have recycle on. The smell is awful, worse than at the Acapulco so I'm not surprised that you can smell it while eating outside.
I think they are lucky as I have asked people too and the smell seems to be only roadside

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Haven't noticed the smell when we were eating outside at the Chinese. The staff had changed on our last visit and they were not quite so efficient or their understanding of a Chinese meal wasn't good. They served the noodles and rice as a course on their own and were planning on serving the chicken and beef dishes separately afterwards, until we pointed out they went together!
Still good value, the set menu has now gone up to TL125 with alcohol and TL100 without.
Looking forward to trying the Italian restaurant there when it opens in the new year.

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

Never mind the smell from the inadequate sewerage plant, I would be more concerned with the particulate matter falling out of the smoke cloud from the power station.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

MikeK wrote:Never mind the smell from the inadequate sewerage plant, I would be more concerned with the particulate matter falling out of the smoke cloud from the power station.
There is the rather delicate matter that 'All smells are PARTICULATE' - in other words, tiny bits of 'whatever' have to become attached to your smell / taste receptors in order to produce the physiological sensation of smell or taste...

So if you can actually SMELL Poo, what are you breathing in?

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Thanks for that Keith I was eating supper when the read that now I must get a mask.

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

We ate outside and didn't smell the sewage until we walked down to the beach and Aqua park area afterwards and the smell was appalling. So if you are using the beach and water park I suggest wearing mask and snorkel both in and out of the water.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Just a thought - has anybody reported this state of affairs to the Manager and taken her/him outside to experience the pungent odour? We drive past several times per week and always comment on the pong,

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

If Management are informed, they have a duty of care to act upon it, then He/She can inform the Health Minister and he will come down with the Police and a team of inspectors and put a closure order on the Hotel until it meets European standards (or any decent standard):lol:

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
European standards...............your having a laugh aren't you

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

tomsteel wrote:Just a thought - has anybody reported this state of affairs to the Manager and taken her/him outside to experience the pungent odour? We drive past several times per week and always comment on the pong,

As you said Tom you drive past most days, if it's bothering you then why do you not go in & complain.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Where did I say the pong is 'bothering me,? Far worse is the smell from the electricity generating plant. Complaints have been acknowledged at governmental level, what action was taken - 50 percent of the square root of zilch. I have never been to the hotel, have no intention of doing so and have no interest in it whatsoever. Posters who have used it are the people who are mentioning the smell whilst eating and using the facilities. Belfast Belle, thank you for your concern - perhaps you'll mention it to the management when you are there?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I must have been lucky during my several visits day and evening never smelt a thing.

Return to “HOTELS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”