UN Police contact

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

UN Police contact

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Does anybody have a telephone contact number for the UN Police please? My wife used the Metehan crossing, using the left hand lane. The RoC Police refused to allow her to use it, starting it was only for GCs and made her return to the TRNC to then enter the right hand lane. My understanding is the Green Line crossings areas are UN controlled, not RoC or TRNC. I want to revisit this crossing and challenge the RoC Police view, but would like to get the UN Police view before I do so. Thanks.

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: UN Police contact

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

You will get no where and simply upset matters , your reg no. will be taken and you'll have trouble in future guaranteed , drop it and move on
(Advertising Restricted)

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

UNITED NATIONS PEACEKEEPING FORCE IN CYPRUS
Couldn't find a contact phone No.
Email details...
https://unficyp.unmissions.org/contact

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Tom, from reading about incidents that have occurred over the years, I have come to believe that the SOP is for any infringements to be reported to UNFICYP, who then take up the matter through official channels, and document both the report and action taken.

I have to agree that independent action on your part is likely to be, at best unproductive, and at worst, has the possibility of provoking retaliation.

I can understand your anger, but as you have no means of ensuring that you are even speaking to the person who took this action, it could be better to 'pass the parcel'...

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

This happens every time we cross over. We just see it as a positive, because the more people that move out of our queue to go in GC lane, the quicker we cross over

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

TY for your responses. Now calmed down. Moved on!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Bravo to your wife for showing her mettle (bottle), but I agree with other posters it just wouldn't be worth the hassle to take it further. Now if everyone were to do it, and fill up both lanes then that might make a difference.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”