Driving licence - classes of vehicle codes

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Driving licence - classes of vehicle codes

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good morning north Cyprus drivers

The bottom field on the front of my driving licence contains information as to the classes of vehicle(s) I am legally permitted to drive.

Is there information available online, or readily available elsewhere, where one can view the various vehicle classes to ensure one is legally entitled to drive a particular class of vehicle please?

This is important because should you be driving a vehicle of a class not permitted on your licence you are not therefore legally driving that vehicle. This will be checked should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in a RTA.

Failure to have the correct class of vehicle on your licence will most likely render you uninsured and very likely liable as the "guilty" party in a RTA scenario.

NB: Pertaining to KKTC driving licence.
libens volens potens

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Driving licence - classes of vehicle codes

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

a1sysman wrote:Good morning north Cyprus drivers

The bottom field on the front of my driving licence contains information as to the classes of vehicle(s) I am legally permitted to drive.

Is there information available online, or readily available elsewhere, where one can view the various vehicle classes to ensure one is legally entitled to drive a particular class of vehicle please?

This is important because should you be driving a vehicle of a class not permitted on your licence you are not therefore legally driving that vehicle. This will be checked should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in a RTA.

Failure to have the correct class of vehicle on your licence will most likely render you uninsured and very likely liable as the "guilty" party in a RTA scenario.

NB: Pertaining to KKTC driving licence.
I do know that you need a Tractor Licence to drive a quad bike here as they are classed as tractors, their original design purpose. Many people seem to have them but are not aware that they are breaking the law.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Driving licence - classes of vehicle codes

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Groucho wrote:...not aware that they are breaking the law.
Or,more likely imo, Don't Care!

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”